Are You Going to Renew/Buy 2015 Football Season Tickets? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Are You Going to Renew/Buy 2015 Football Season Tickets?

Are You Going to Renew/Buy 2015 Football Season Tickets?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I'm going to wait and see what the prices look like. Based on all the deals they've offered to try and get people to the stadium the week of a game, they better offer sweet deals to the season ticket holders. If prices drop by 10% and they offer an addition 10-30% off if you commit to more than 1 year, I might bite that bullet in January, otherwise I'm waiting until the week of for each game. It just seems ridiculous that they'll offer $5 tickets if you show your hockey game ticket (I went to that game yesterday too), but I should expect to pay as much as I did this year for chairbacks.
Exactly. Chairbacks at $800 a seat for lower level is too much to see Nova and Army and the AAC misfits.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We started off in 2003 with a crew of a solid 6. Friends outside the group BEGGED for tickets for years. We've had to replace a few guys over the years and, in the past two years, we've had guys just drop out. Pay $350/yr to NOT go to games or, worse, not pay at all and stick us with having to cover their seats for a few years. Needless to say, nobody begs for tickets any more (Michigan game, aside).

2 of our 6 dropped out without saying a word. The remaining 4 of us have had to split the $700/yr cost for their 2 seats for 2 years now. Now, the guy whose name our account is under moved to FL and is out. We have another guy who goes to maybe 1-2 games per year. So that just leaves my brother and I going to games. Now, my brother is moving out of state.

It appears that our group is over which means we will lose our seats (I LOVE our seat location). My dilemma: do I get season tickets on my own? If so, what level? If not, how should I proceed buying tickets (i.e. - wait until 24-48 hours before kickoff for the inevitable 50% discount codes, go to the parking lot and look for cheap scalpers, etc)? Should I pick a handful of individual home games and compliment that all-in cost with a donation to the school and planned road game packages?

I have never in my life felt more conflicted about what to do about something that should be a stress relief, not added stress. Thank you everyone for your opinions and comments. This is going to be a very interesting offseason, to say the least.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yes, without question.

If I wasn't about to bail after the 2012 season I'm not going to consider bailing after 2014.

Reaction Score
Yes. I used to get 2 and the guy I go with got 2. Next year we will each get 1.

Reaction Score
We started off in 2003 with a crew of a solid 6. Friends outside the group BEGGED for tickets for years. We've had to replace a few guys over the years and, in the past two years, we've had guys just drop out. Pay $350/yr to NOT go to games or, worse, not pay at all and stick us with having to cover their seats for a few years. Needless to say, nobody begs for tickets any more (Michigan game, aside).

2 of our 6 dropped out without saying a word. The remaining 4 of us have had to split the $700/yr cost for their 2 seats for 2 years now. Now, the guy whose name our account is under moved to FL and is out. We have another guy who goes to maybe 1-2 games per year. So that just leaves my brother and I going to games. Now, my brother is moving out of state.

It appears that our group is over which means we will lose our seats (I LOVE our seat location). My dilemma: do I get season tickets on my own? If so, what level? If not, how should I proceed buying tickets (i.e. - wait until 24-48 hours before kickoff for the inevitable 50% discount codes, go to the parking lot and look for cheap scalpers, etc)? Should I pick a handful of individual home games and compliment that all-in cost with a donation to the school and planned road game packages?

I have never in my life felt more conflicted about what to do about something that should be a stress relief, not added stress. Thank you everyone for your opinions and comments. This is going to be a very interesting offseason, to say the least.

This is almost exactly the same situation I'm in. When the stadium opened, we had 6 who lived to go to games, all the time. We showed up and waited in line for the gates to open every week. That number trickled down to 4 when our seats were moved, but too frequently I would go to games with only one other person, or by myself.

Excited by Diaco and last year's 3-0 finish, we jumped back up to 6 this year, but we only used all 6 for the BYU game -- that's it. It will be very, very difficult for me to convince people go to in on 4 next year. The team stinks and the schedule is worse.

Right now the numbers above say that about two-thirds of respondents definitely will be back (53% say yes, 13% say no but they'll go to all of the games via the secondary market). When one out of three people who respond to a poll on a site dedicated to UConn football are uninterested in buying season tickets to UConn football again in a year, that's a terrible, terrible sign.

Reaction Score
I think so; but my issues with renewing is more to do with my own schedule versus the quality of UConn's product on the field (though I am not happy with it). Between work (Thursday night games out, Friday, have to take a 1/2 day to make it) house chores and as may be coaching 2 soccer teams next fall, makes it tough. Had to all but two of my games thus year, bummer.

PS - Anyone have problems with StubHub this fall? I sold 3 games by making PDF copies of my tickets with no problems. The 4th game, StubHub said I can't do that anymore. Had to sell the last game unexpectedly at the last minute after tearing my ACL. The walk from the far end of the parking lot in Glastonbury to the stadium and then the stairs is just not feasible right now. Plus, it really throws-off my bean bag toss game.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I am not an Uconn alumnus, nor is anyone in my household. I took to the team when I moved to the state in 2000. I buy season tickets because the team desperately needs the support, not because I manage to make to the games - I actually only go to 2 or 3 a year. Until the re-alignment mess NCAA football was my favorite tv viewing sport. Now its my least favorite, only because Uconn got the shaft. Now I watch the NHL, college hoops, MLB and of course the NFL....just about everything but college football. Watching everyone playing on Saturday just hurts too much.

Coming from lower FF County, I'm unable to get anyone to make the trek with me. Between the losing and my inability to find buddies, I'll be sitting next year out. Someday I would like to restart my donation.

I take it you live in Greenwich,

There are a few (there could be a lot more) lower FF County ticket holders (I happen to be one, live in Stamford) at these games. There are even some that come from a bit further down 95 (one is on this thread in fact). If you need people to go up with or tailgate with let me know.

Reaction Score
I'll renew our 4. This year has sucked but I think we will turn it around starting next year. I am not bailing yet.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It will be a small miracle to clear 10k season tickets next year.

Oh, and I was thinking today the permanent damage to all our soon to graduate seniors, having to sit through 4 years of this putridity. Yeah I'm sure they'll invest in football tix after graduation.
I wouldn't discount the draw getting wasted on a Saturday morning before a football game can have on a 21-22 year old. When I graduated in '03 we weren't very good and we all got season tickets for the upcoming season. Granted it was when the Rent opened but the tailgating was so much fun and a big draw for many in my group at the time that we got season tickets for many years after.

If this team starts winning, those graduates will come back real quick.

It's the older alumni I'd be much more concerned with. People more like me in their 30's, 2 young kids, lots of new demands for money so decision on where to allocate it is crucial. Unfortunately, many people will not put whatever small amount they have to play with towards season tickets for this team next year and who knows when again. I'm not one of them but plenty of my original group of season ticket holders no longer do have them or will no longer after this season.

Reaction Score
I will renew because I'm stupid. Although I feel like supporting them just reinforces a lack of urgency to turn this box around.

Reaction Score
I voted not sure yet mainly because it dpeneds on if I get the job I have an interview for tomorrow. If I get it, it shoudl free up a significant amount of time so I will definitely be getting tickets in 2015

Reaction Score
8 year Season ticket holders, 2 in young alumni seats and then 2, 3-year stints in preferred. 4 seats. Until this year, never had a problem putting them to use, between the wife, my son, friends, colleagues, etc. This year, once we got past BYU and Boise State? Nada. I've used 2 of 4 seats the past 3 home games and unless it's a noon or 3 PM game, SMU will be 0 of 4.

Next year I'll do a 3 game mini plan but I'm done ponying up for now until the product improves.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I take it you live in Greenwich,

There are a few (there could be a lot more) lower FF County ticket holders (I happen to be one, live in Stamford) at these games. There are even some that come from a bit further down 95 (one is on this thread in fact). If you need people to go up with or tailgate with let me know.
Thanks for the offer, mighty nice of you.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
My 4 are going to 2 since I can't get anyone to go the last few years... my commitment to that license round is done.

I will think over moving to the seatback section though, to reduce the misery to cost ratio.

All I can say is that I am tired... I have given my energy and have gotten very little back.

Reaction Score
My wife and I will renew, no doubt about it. I'm sticking with the UMass season tickets as well. Both teams are projects under their new coaching staffs and I wouldn't miss the transformation that is coming for anything.

Reaction Score
Army was the watershed WTF moment. After buying 50, that's 5-0 and sponsoring a bus trip, I found myself wondering why I was travelling out of state to watch such a display and having the gall to drag people with me. Up until that point, I could buy the pain now for progress later diatribe. There is just no universe where you can be embarrassed by Army in FB and achieve anything worthwhile.

I felt pretty much the same after traveling to New Orleans and watching them get beat by Tulane.

Reaction Score
Our group of 9 (used to be 13 from Day one at Rent) is not renewing. 7 of the 9 have bought Hockey season tickets.

Reaction Score
This is heart breaking, 12 down to 2 and it really should be 1. It has gotten to the point the only reason people go is because they feel sorry for me.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
timing is everything, and this poll could not be timed more perfectly for the worst result possible

I think memories are short, and everyone who's on board will be back on board when it's decision time

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
timing is everything, and this poll could not be timed more perfectly for the worst result possible

I think memories are short, and everyone who's on board will be back on board when it's decision time

I thought about that before posting, but thought it was relevant to the survey that UCONN just sent season ticket holders last week. If you look at the results, the majority of voters are answering yes or not sure yet.

Truth is, UCONN is about to lose a good number of season ticket sales next season. 3-year commitment "contracts" expire after this season. Also, in reading some of the comments Yarders are posting here, there are alot groups who have considerably shrunk in size. Yes, we might renew/buy season tickets, but the # of people we are able to bring to games will shrink.

This is a pivotal moment for the program. Another year or two of 2-win seasons, coupled with playing an AAC schedule that UCONN fans don't get excited to see, and the Rent could become empty and stay empty even when the team begins to win again. Attendance is driven by season tickets and my guess is that there will be a drop of about 5K season tickets sold next year. That means crowds that never top the low to mid 20s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom