are we jelling? | The Boneyard

are we jelling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
looks like the kids are starting to play good, we play great defense, we compete inside when Wolf is in the game and our two guards can't both be defended at the same time

DD is emerging as the 3rd wheel, and showing some moxie down low

I love seeing Wolf in the game

Bazz and Boat are Bazz and Boat

and everyone else plays hard and is making contributions

my only concern, and not an insignificant one, is that we don't compete very well down low when Wolf is not in the game

we'll learn a lot over the next 5 days

Reaction Score
Like you said we'll learn a lot in the next 5 days. Tough to take away much from last nights game when Depaul was missing two starters.

Reaction Score
I think its more cause we were playing at Gampel, the kids seem more comfortable there prolly because of practicing everyday there and is just a better overall environment. Wish we played all of our home games there if it weren't for $$$$$

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Like you said we'll learn a lot in the next 5 days. Tough to take away much from last nights game when Depaul was missing two starters.

it's not really just one game

we played well @ Marq too, we played well vs NCST, MSU and even New Mexico is a good squad

I think it's fair to say it looks like we can easily exceed the expectations many people had for this team

Reaction Score
I think so, and I'm not just basing it off of last night, they've looked much better since the final exam break than how they did in the beginning of the season. I don't usually play the "should have" game but they really should be 2-0 in league play right now, with a win coming in a place that's not easy to pick up a win. The next two will really tell alot but I feel alot more confident going in there based on how they've played in the last 3 games. Alot will depend on Wolf tho, which I never could've imagined saying before the season. Our interior D and rebounding with him in the game compared to TO is night and day. Cooley is a big test, he's gotta stay out of foul trouble.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The players seem to be learning their roles.

I agree with several others that our most consistent lineup is Wolf, Daniels, Giffey, Boat and Bazz. The right blend of speed, size, shooting, defense and rebounding.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
A couple points:

1) I think that a mediocre pressing Depaul team always brings out our A game, and we'll likely be on the ledge after we play G'town and they get us in their stall ball rock fight. But it was definitely another step in the right direction.

2) The rebounding performance was impressive. I hope its more of a reflection on us than Depaul, but I don't think that we will get that type of advantage on most nights. It was fun to see what we look like when we do win the battle of the boards though.

3) I think our best case scenario if we continue to play well is a lot closer to tops in the league this year than we thought. This has more to do with the fact that our x2 games are against USF, Depaul, and Providence and that we get the best teams in the league at home.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
yep

caw

Reaction Score
A couple points:

1) I think that a mediocre pressing Depaul team always brings out our A game, and we'll likely be on the ledge after we play G'town and they get us in their stall ball rock fight. But it was definitely another step in the right direction.

Man that Georgetown vs Pitt game last night was hideous to watch. Georgetown is quite bad at offense, but pretty solid on defense. If people complain about UConn's ball movement and off the ball movement, watch Georgetown play this year and thank the heavens we don't have to watch that for 30 games.

Pitt is similar. Adams is about ten times worse than Drummond last year. If Drummond was overhyped, Adams is even more so.

Reaction Score
What's funny is there was a poster a week or so ago who called KO's offense lame and praised Georgetown's offense in the same sentence. They're brutal offensively while having the talent to be much better.

Man that Georgetown vs Pitt game last night was hideous to watch. Georgetown is quite bad at offense, but pretty solid on defense. If people complain about UConn's ball movement and off the ball movement, watch Georgetown play this year and thank the heavens we don't have to watch that for 30 games.

Pitt is similar. Adams is about ten times worse than Drummond last year. If Drummond was overhyped, Adams is even more so.

Reaction Score

Recruits should realize that going to G'town is going to do nothing for them. Have a look at UConn and the exciting Ollie-brand style of ball.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Didn't some preseason prediction have us below DePaul? Mike DeCourcey maybe?

D

Deleted member 3149

Boatright, bazz, and deandre all dominating TOGETHER? Yea, I'd say we're gellin'. Are you gellin'?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 33
D

Deleted member 3149

That's what's known as a "smart take."

Kevin Ollie should print this out and hang it up all over the locker room. Remind me never to read AOL news ever again.

Reaction Score
I've been watching some games from the 90s on SNY lately. On a team that had Ollie, Sheffer, Allen, Fair and others, you thought they were running better offensive sets than this team runs now? No. It's basically the same exact offense, which is no surprise since Ollie was a guard at the time.

Reaction Score
I think the fact that we look well coached and are showing improvment bodes well not only for this season, but into the future. Ollie has shown that he can teach, gameplan, and manage personnel. His bench coaching skills haven't been bad either.

Once he shows he can recruit, and I have no doubt he will, he will be a complete coach. JC said he will be a star, and I believe it.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Didn't some preseason prediction have us below DePaul? Mike DeCourcey maybe?

ESPN had us 14th in the 15 team Big East and 108th in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom