Are we done with recruiting (for class of 2015)? | The Boneyard

Are we done with recruiting (for class of 2015)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do you guys think we are done with recruiting? The guards/wings seem pretty good and the addition of Boykin and Butler make the front court solid for 2015 (Stewart and Tuck). Do you think Geno is looking for another front court player? I think it would be wise in case of any injuries, but is there someone else they are looking at?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
At the beginning of the 2015-16 season, UConn's front court will have:

• Stewie for 1 year;
  • Morgan Tuck for 2 years;
  • Natalie Butler for 3 years;
  • Collier / Boykin / Samuelson for 4 years.
And we need ANOTHER front court player? In that class??

It will be hard enough to get front court players in the 2016 high school graduating class, with that much depth ahead of them.

I don't think there is an urgent need for more players in the 2015 HS class at any position. If someone is really good and really wants to come, fine, but otherwise I think it would be best to wait for 2016.

G

genosguy

At the beginning of the 2015-16 season, UConn's front court will have:

• Stewie for 1 year;
  • Morgan Tuck for 2 years;
  • Natalie Butler for 3 years;
  • Collier / Boykin / Samuelson for 4 years.
And we need ANOTHER front court player? In that class??

It will be hard enough to get front court players in the 2016 high school graduating class, with that much depth ahead of them.

I don't think there is an urgent need for more players in the 2015 HS class at any position. If someone is really good and really wants to come, fine, but otherwise I think it would be best to wait for 2016.
A spare is always good especially looking at the recent injuries, and those coming in with injuries. Yet, as obvious as this is: I'll allow Geno, Christine, Shea and Marissa to have the final word on whether there is the need of another Forward Center or wing. I'm so generous!!!

Reaction Score
Good god this team is loaded! I guess we should be asking whether Geno retires with 12 or 15 championships.

Reaction Score
Good god this team is loaded! I guess we should be asking whether Geno retires with 12 or 15 championships.
Maybe more than 15. If he wants Mo'Ne Davis (the 13-year-old who plays on boys' teams and pitched a 2-hit shutout in the Little League World Series today) to play point guard for him (her idea), she won't be a senior until 2023-24.

Reaction Score
Do you guys think we are done with recruiting? The guards/wings seem pretty good and the addition of Boykin and Butler make the front court solid for 2015 (Stewart and Tuck). Do you think Geno is looking for another front court player? I think it would be wise in case of any injuries, but is there someone else they are looking at?

I for one certainly hope we're done. This was one fabulous recruiting job (plus Natalie). Lets rejoice, give it a little breathing room and start looking ahead to 2016.

Reaction Score
When you add Butler to the 3 freshmen, this class is the best on paper in a long time if not ever. I hope the staff is focused on 2016 and making it 3 years in a row with the #1 ranked recruiting class.

Reaction Score
If Tuck is healthy, we don't need any more 2015 players and if in 2016 we get J. Holmes and/or Cox, we'll be totally set in the front court for a long time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I believe we are finished. Camara committed elsewhere, and Durr and Ogunbowale dropped us from their lists.

Time to focus on 2016 and beyond. Lets get at least 2 of Dangerfield/Ionescu/Holmes/McCoy/Boley, then focus on Mays, er Megan, Walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom