Architectural/Design For New Student Rec Center Has Gone Out For Bid | The Boneyard

Architectural/Design For New Student Rec Center Has Gone Out For Bid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
901332.pdf

Two new potential sites have been proposed. Connecticut Commons Dorms across from the COOP and the parking lot behind McMahon. Site of a new Student Recreational Facility to be announced in September. Construction to start in 2018.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks like X Lot location is the preferred spot for this project. That could possibly open up the field house location for the new ice hockey barn/team facility, which would make sense keeping the athletic facilities clustered together.

Reaction Score
Looks like X Lot location is the preferred spot for this project. That could possibly open up the field house location for the new ice hockey barn/team facility, which would make sense keeping the athletic facilities clustered together.

Love that idea. That area is basically a wasteland anyways but is an extremely valuable spot location wise by keeping the campus centralized.

Reaction Score
I think you are reading the document wrong. The two new sites considered are next to McMahon and where CT commons is presently located. The reference to X-lot was the original location but later this location was ruled out to preserve proximite land next to the science core.

The commons location would be a good spot, but I am very curious what drove the need for alternate locations.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have to say that I like the master plan a lot. Of course the hard part is sticking with it. For example using x lot for the rec center already abandons a center piece of one of the Science district.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
901332.pdf

Two new potential sites have been proposed. Connecticut Commons Dorms across from the COOP and the parking lot behind McMahon. Site of a new Student Recreational Facility to be announced in September. Construction to start in 2018.

WTF is going on in page 20 of that PDF?

Reaction Score
JCSuperstar said:

Yea the chick walking in has Duke shorts on in Page 20! Also no, I wasn't looking at her ass to notice it :)

Reaction Score

The drawings all seem to be borrowed from proposals for other schools (Colorado St, U Maine, etc.), which still does not explain the Dook shorts. Best guess is there is a Duke graduate at the firm that put the original proposal together as a tip to their school. Of course, something like that would be caught by a UConn person and not necessarily a school that does not have any history either the Blue Cry Babies.

Reaction Score
Yea the chick walking in has Duke shorts on in Page 20! Also no, I wasn't looking at her ass to notice it :)
A nod to Susan Herbst's alma mater, nyet. Just an inappropriate failure to properly edit out the RFP's trash, e.g., dookie, umess, etc. Anyway, it's shocking the West Campus bunkers continue to live on as dorms. Just a few, or even several decades ago, those things were carp.

Reaction Score
One question is under the master plan, Gampel is also expanded and the Fieldhouse looks like it may go. The proposed Rec Center's facilities look to small to host both indoor track & collegiate swimming event (Gampel's expansion looks to take out Wolff. Where do those teams go?

Reaction Score
The drawings all seem to be borrowed from proposals for other schools (Colorado St, U Maine, etc.),

This is an RFQ not a design proposal, they are only seeking "Requests for Qualifications" at this time, the designs presented are as precedent comparable projects not as proposed designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom