Apparently the mascot is changing | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Apparently the mascot is changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
you want your mascot to scare kids? Ok, go with an exact replica. Does the current Jonathan look anything like the old logo? NO. Kids like lap dogs, im guessing why the new one looks like a cute version of the actual logo.

Ideally, yes. But perhaps my preferences aren't in line with the marketing department.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Real Jonathan is Black & White
Logo Jonathan is Blue & White
New Mascot Jonathan is Gray & White?

Consistency!!!!! Make the new mascot Blue & White and tell everyone that Real Jonathan is the only National Flag Blue Husky.

And if Jonathan is going to start wearing eyeliner - what is the story we are going with? Is it Jonnie's girl (naming contest) or is Jonathan going transgender?

Reaction Score
1. Keep the current one is my choice.

2. Over/under 4 days until an article is written about a girl on campus complaining about the new mascot promoting rape culture....

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The dance team will be in the union today with this sign: View attachment 5858

In order to pick the new mascot. First time hearing about this news on my end

None of the above. Somebody better go back to the drawing board. These are pitiful. Don't we have a graphic arts department or something like it at UCONN? These look like they were drawn in a coloring book by a third grader.

Reaction Score
image.jpg
Maybe he's a member of the KISS Army
why is the husky wearing eyeliner????

Reaction Score
Have someone in our supposedley world renownded puppetry department give it a go. Part of their business is making life-like artificial beings. Or ask a Kardashian, since they do pretty much the same thing.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Have someone in our supposedley world renownded puppetry department give it a go. Part of their business is making life-like artificial beings. Or ask a Kardashian, since they do pretty much the same thing.

Is this true? That's hilarious if so. They should make a life sized marionette that guys control from the ceiling.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
They're both terrible.

This begs the question... What is this design going to be used for?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Google "husky dog mascot costume" and the first image that comes up will look awfully familiar.

A message to UConn: I realize that things like mascot costumes are not a top priority. They do not have a dedicated line item in the budget. But, as one of the two University symbols most likely to appear on television, please spring the extra few thousand dollars on a custom dog costume that doesn't look like it was ripped off the animatronic banjo player at the local Chuck E. Cheese.

Call the red sox or phillies and ask who made their mascot heads. Don't buy it from some chinese web site. Quality matters in all things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom