Apparently the mascot is changing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Apparently the mascot is changing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you can't picture it atop Lee Corso's head, then keep trying.
THIS.

If you're gonna change the thing then go all out. What good does half-assing it do?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
It doesn't look like a mouse, or hideous, it looks like our new Husky logo. Can you imagine if this had been our mascot for the past couple of decades and someone tried to hoist the current, all white, Jonathon mascot uniform on us? Its absolutely ridiculous looking. People are so resistant to change its amazing.

upload_2014-4-23_10-43-7.jpeg

Reaction Score
The eyes need work (looks like the pooch got up with a hangover). Another suggestion for the mascot, after observing ours at MSG, would be to hold tryouts for someone that can dance or move or carry on in a more enthusiastic, engaging manner (the poor chap in the suit at MSG was, to be polite, a bit lacking in that regard).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
why is the husky wearing eyeliner????

And yet, the heavy eyeliner one looks fiercer. The "B" option looks positively doe-eyed.

And they both have a dopey tongue swagged smile. Give it a growl face, or neutral at worst.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
B has lighter skin, wider fatter face, bigger eyes -- more of a lovable baby / yogi bear look. A is narrower face, darker, smaller eyes -- more of an adult hunter/predator look. Slight difference but visible. Personally I like B for a mascot, it shouldn't scare children. Let our football players do that.

If the first mascot scares a child, the kid has never left the house.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It doesn't look like a mouse, or hideous, it looks like our new Husky logo. Can you imagine if this had been our mascot for the past couple of decades and someone tried to hoist the current, all white, Jonathon mascot uniform on us? Its absolutely ridiculous looking. People are so resistant to change its amazing.

Does this thing look dopey to you? The two offerings look like lap dogs.

upload_2014-4-23_14-58-8.jpeg

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/conn/graphics/spacer.gif

Reaction Score
Is this for real? Why are they changing the mascot again? The current one is awesome.

Reaction Score
Is this for real? Why are they changing the mascot again? The current one is awesome.

Again? They're just bringing the physical costume in line with the logo.

Reaction Score

I'm not resistant to change, I'm resistant to $hitty change that looks like a 12 year old drew out in 10 minutes with color pencils.

Reaction Score
I'm not resistant to change, I'm resistant to $hitty change that looks like a 12 year old drew out in 10 minutes with color pencils.

The current mascot head wouldn't look so hot drawn either.

Reaction Score
The current mascot head wouldn't look so hot drawn either.
Ok, well then they should use a computer and come up with a reasonably accurate depiction of what the thing will actually look like before asking for peoples' opinion

Right now the option is between "happy-surprised poorly drawn dog face" or "angry-surprised poorly drawn dog face"

Reaction Score
The dance team will be in the union today with this sign: View attachment 5858

In order to pick the new mascot. First time hearing about this news on my end

Option A would likely frighten the children. It is just creepy. As for option B, that dog looks to be well lit up. It could only be more apparent if they reddened the eyes a bit and stuck a joint in his mouth.

Most of us loved the mascot when we were children. I really like the new logo, but they are making a mistake if they mess with the mascot.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wasn't a fan of the new logo but the NC took most of the steam out of my opposition. I knew that the mascot change was inevitable. That said, these suck. Minimally, lose the eyeliner and close the mouth.

Reaction Score
Option A would likely frighten the children. It is just creepy. As for option B, that dog looks to be well lit up. It could only be more apparent if they reddened the eyes a bit and stuck a joint in his mouth.

Most of us loved the mascot when we were children. I really like the new logo, but they are making a mistake if they mess with the mascot.

Option B looks like it should also have a beer gut and a wifebeater. If that's the plan, I'm ok with it. Otherwise it leaves something to be desired.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members