AP has us at #18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP has us at #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Aren't the crews typically conference neutral? I hope so. That means no Stuart and no Valentine, though Jim Burr is a possibility. I think he stayed with the Big East.

Most officials work multiple conferences. I believe most of them are considered independent contractors working for more than one conference. I have seen Valentine, Stuart as well as Burr in several conferences this season.

Reaction Score
Chris Paul: "I can't tell you that. I can't tell you that. I still got a few things to analyze. There are a billion dollars to talk about here. But I really like Louisville right now because I really like the kid Russ Smith and I like UConn because I'm a big Shabazz Napier fan. You have to have great guard play in the tournament."

Hey Jay Bilas, CP3 actually likes our chances to win the whole damn thing.

Reaction Score
Jay is one of the better ESPN analyst. He usually sticks up for us. More than likely he probably is looking at DD, Boat and Omar not playing up to their preseason potential.

It's not about sticking up for anybody. I would be surprised if Bilas has watched more than a handful of their game this year, but I'm sure he saw them get steamrolled by Louisville twice in the last week.

I'm not sure why people hold Bilas up as some sort of model of what an analyst should be. In the last year or so, especially, he's become more and more of a character and less someone you'd actually turn to to hear something informative.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The AP poll and the tourney seeding don't even attempt to measure the same thing - so attempting to marry them is silly.

Do you guys try to measure how much gas is left in your car by using a ruler?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
The AP poll and the tourney seeding don't even attempt to measure the same thing - so attempting to marry them is silly.

Do you guys try to measure how much gas is left in your car by using a ruler?
Historically the AP Poll has been a much better predictor of NCAA seeding than the RPI. This year was just all out of whack.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Historically the AP Poll has been a much better predictor of NCAA seeding than the RPI. This year was just all out of whack.

But they still aren't trying to measure the same thing so who cares if they match?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
MSU doesn't have that many scoring options. Harris is their only real threat. Appling can get hot at times and so can Payne. But Dawson, from what I've seen, is limited offensively. If you can limit their 3 pt looks and make them feed it to Dawson/Payne then they are very beatable. Their defense is scary though.

Remember, its the same team UConn beat a year ago minus a huge body down low. However, everyone on the team has gotten better. I think if you harass the ball and make Appling create they will have problems.
They have multiple weapons - don't know what team you saw
Hate Izzo but that team is loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member