AO and Roscoe better be starting tomorrow | The Boneyard

AO and Roscoe better be starting tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why in God's name would you ever want to start Roscoe................while he can rebound and play decent defense, he has absolutely no offensive game......none, nada. We are going to see a zone and we need shooters. I vote for Giffey.

Reaction Score
Why in God's name would you ever want to start Roscoe................while he can rebound and play decent defense, he has absolutely no offensive game......none, nada. We are going to see a zone and we need shooters. I vote for Giffey.
Because you need to, eventually, start playing the guys who are spilling their guts out on the floor. Roscoe and AO are. Roscoe can play the 3 or 4. Giffey the 2 or 3, so I'm not sure why one precludes the other.

But I'm also not sure why there's so much Giffey love on the board. He can do some nice things, but he's limited compared to others, and has a lower ceiling. He's a nice 4-year rotation player than can contribute as a 6-8th man, and can start in a pinch (Craig Austrie). I'm grateful he's on the team, but he doesn't jump out as much to me as to so many others.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Roscoe has started to show he can make a jumper the last couple games. He clearly showed early last year he could shoot. Not sure what's happened, but you know he can. He's also a better defender and rebounder than the other 3s. I really think the starting lineup needs to be solidified. Bazz, Lamb, Roscoe, Drummond, Alex. Plenty of minutes available for whoever is having an off night. You go with the kids that won it all last year and let the others fill in.

Reaction Score
Drummond is not coming out of the lineup. It won't matter that he hasn't scored in 3 of the last 4 halves or what he does hereafter. Coach decided to live or die with him long ago. I hope he plays so well we'll never know, and if he doesn't I hope I'm wrong. But I'm not holding my breath.

H

huskymagic

You really dont know much about basketball if your asking why Roscoe should start. Roscoe is a much better overall basketball than both Daniels and Giffey. Giffey is solid but Rosoce Smith is a better defender, rebounder, and all around intensity guy that this guy needs. Daniels I wont even speak about because my notions for Daniels are already known.

Starting lineup tomorrow:

Boat, Lamb, Scoe, Alex, Drummond.

We cannot play a 2 little guard lineup of Napier and Boat against Syracuse big guards as that will expose us defensively. Napier will be a liability defensively guarding big guards like Brandon Triche and Dion Waiters. Even Boat who is one of my favorite guys will have trouble defending a 6'2 200 pound Scoop Jardine. Our front court also needs length, size, and strength which is why Alex ad Andre need to start to match up with the Syracuse front court. This lineup is our best option and we have a good chance to win this game if Blaney listens.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

, because I don't know, maybe he was the defensive anchor on a Big East and National Championship UConn team?

The team may be offensively challenged, but Roscoe gives his all everytime out there and plays awesome D. We can live and win with his offense.

Reaction Score
, because I don't know, maybe he was the defensive anchor on a Big East and National Championship UConn team?

The team may be offensively challenged, but Roscoe gives his all everytime out there and plays awesome D. We can live and win with his offense.

Yeah what an excellent zone team - Roscoe and Alex, such weapons with their passing and spot up shooting ability....man how many huskymagic's can we have???? Neither can pass worth a lick which in case these dopes didn't now it may be the most important thing against the Cuse zone - but man can they play hard and rebound? Since when??? .............................yikes:rolleyes:

H

huskymagic

excellent reply and post. An opinion that is long overdue for the great Roscoe Smith. Unleash the Scoe, unleash the Alex, unleash the Boat.

Reaction Score
And Olander and Drummond are superstars vs a zone? AO and Roscoe battled to the end last Monday night. At least AO has a postup game. Roscoes jumper is starting to come along and he brings needed intensity

Reaction Score
And Olander and Drummond are superstars vs a zone? AO and Roscoe battled to the end last Monday night. At least AO has a postup game. Roscoes jumper is starting to come along and he brings needed intensity

AO battled nothing - ZERO. He watched as guys dunked on him in the 2nd half get off that pedastal......he had his pep talk and went backwards again thereafter.....he can't catch and he can't pass but let's throw him in vs the Cuse zone right? You shi**ing me? Yeah Tyler at least can pass and make a jump shot and he battles harder more often like it or not...............no superstars just better options and it's not close!!

Reaction Score
excellent reply and post. An opinion that is long overdue for the great Roscoe Smith. Unleash the Scoe, unleash the Alex, unleash the Boat.

He must be brilliant to agree with the magic-man? WOW

H

huskymagic

Yeah what an excellent zone team - Roscoe and Alex, such weapons with their passing and spot up shooting ability....man how many huskymagic's can we have???? Neither can pass worth a lick which in case these dopes didn't now it may be the most important thing against the Cuse zone - but man can they play hard and rebound? Since when??? .............................yikes:rolleyes:

the only reason you keep hating on alex and roscoe is because I keep rooting for them and calling for them to start. With that said, Alex has a good form on his jumper and is just as capable if not more capable than olander to make the 10-15 foot jumper in the middle of the zone. Olander is unable to play quality minutes against quality teams. He is a hybrid 3/4, weak physically, not athletic, and can't even hit a jumper against mediocre teams. Napier I don't expect much from him tomorrow as he will have his hands full with Dion Waiters and Brandon Triche. Olander and Napier offensive capacities are overinflated, and are liabilities on the defensive end. No way you can start games with those 2, and Blaney is a complete fool if he goes to this lineup again which Isuspect he will go with again.

Reaction Score
the only reason you keep hating on alex and roscoe is because I keep rooting for them and calling for them to start. With that said, Alex has a good form on his jumper and is just as capable if not more capable than olander to make the 10-15 foot jumper in the middle of the zone. Olander is unable to play quality minutes against quality teams. He is a hybrid 3/4, weak physically, not athletic, and can't even hit a jumper against mediocre teams. Napier I don't expect much from him tomorrow as he will have his hands full with Dion Waiters and Brandon Triche. Olander and Napier offensive capacities are overinflated, and are liabilities on the defensive end. No way you can start games with those 2, and Blaney is a complete fool if he goes to this lineup again which Isuspect he will go with again.

You have NOTHING to do with my replies as much as you wish you did. You don't know enough to be part of this equation magicdude........not at all.............look at the facts and quit the BS.........Tyler has played as well as AO like it or not...he's a better spot up shooter so he'll be better against the zone, they both play awful defense so who cares but TO is a much better passer and his hands are like Fred Belitnikoff compared to AO.....all important factors against the zone. Roscoe, awful ballhandler, can't shoot or pass but he does battle I will give him that. Key is anyone who believes they can have Roscoe and Alex on the floor vs the Cuse at the same time does NOT know basketball at all...............

H

huskymagic

You have NOTHING to do with my replies as much as you wish you did. You don't know enough to be part of this equation magicdude........not at all.............look at the facts and quit the BS.........Tyler has played as well as AO like it or not...he's a better spot up shooter so he'll be better against the zone, they both play awful defense so who cares but TO is a much better passer and his hands are like Fred Belitnikoff compared to AO.....all important factors against the zone. Roscoe, awful ballhandler, can't shoot or pass but he does battle I will give him that. Key is anyone who believes they can have Roscoe and Alex on the floor vs the Cuse at the same time does NOT know basketball at all...............

Funny I seem to remember Roscoe and Alex starting last year against Syracuse and playing well. You will see tomorrow how well Olander and Napier play when they start. Then when I get proven right again you will come up with another excuse to justify their ineptitude.

Reaction Score
I would have liked to seen a lineup with Giffey, AO, and SMith instead of Drummond, Olander, and Bazz. % wise Giffey has been our best 3pt shooter. He is a better defender than Bazz (who im a big fan of) and isnt mired in a 3 for like 30 shooting slump

Reaction Score
I think its hard to play AO and Drummond the same time against a zone like the Cuses

caw

Reaction Score
I honestly don't care who starts or plays the most minutes. I don't care if it's Brendan Allen/Ryan Boatright or Shabazz Napier leading the way, I just want to see a team that plays smart/strong defense and smart un-rushed though quick offense.

Reaction Score
Is it just me or does this team play best with a lineup of Shabazz, Lamb, Boatright, Roscoe, and Oriakhi? Honestly that's the lineup I'd start tomorrow. This team is just more comfortable with Drummond on the bench.

Reaction Score
Is it just me or does this team play best with a lineup of Shabazz, Lamb, Boatright, Roscoe, and Oriakhi? Honestly that's the lineup I'd start tomorrow. This team is just more comfortable with Drummond on the bench.

I guess we'll see who's working harder and playing smarter....TO's from the bigs will tell the tale.....although Andre throws some really stupid passes as a big it's because he can pass so he's a better option if he turns and faces and makes god decisions.....plus his being wandering the baseline for the alley oop will keep the bottom defenders wary and close.....they wouldn't be as concerned with AO..........

Reaction Score
sure starters matter its how you start off the game. but to be honest, someone usually gets yanked within 2 minutes. and often i see us go down by like 8 always starting a game. So i'm focused on who the starters are, but more so on body language and effort from the jump

Reaction Score
sure starters matter its how you start off the game. but to be honest, someone usually gets yanked within 2 minutes. and often i see us go down by like 8 always starting a game. So i'm focused on who the starters are, but more so on body language and effort from the jump

Agreed.........I mean quite honestly everyone we mention needs to play and well and offer something positive today to even play with them...........

Reaction Score

I would agree on starting lineup except still come back to Bazz being a guy that needs to play an energy game off bench and play less minutes and do more in those minutes (bring crazy hustle on defense and constant threat of penetration on offense). Bazz reminds me of Marcus Williams, Marcus would dribble ball a lot in half court and sometimes go way back near half court to start a penetration move with 10 seconds on the clock rather than move the ball around. Really slows game down and lets other team rest on defense and have to only stop one penetration move. Most good offensive teams have a lot of movement and lot of guys touching the ball on each possession.

Problem I have is who starts. Drummond clogs up the offense like Thabeet and is no more an offensive threat than Chuck (not saying isn't better dunker or more mobile but get the ball in Drummond's hands and it isn't a dunk and unlikely to end well for Uconn) and looks like he just doesn't know how to maneuver around the court on offense to get effective offensive rebounding position.

Guess I come up with Giffey but he doesn't impose himself offensively enough, just waits to be open. Olander maybe better choice as he hangs close to basket on defense and would allow Roscoe to play the more mobile big. Guess would go with Olander.

An aggressive Bazz, a Drummond trying to do a Wes Unseld impression, a Daniels who trys to play like Rashaad Anderson and a Giffey who tries to play like Denham Brown would be a nice bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom