Anyone watching BYU-Nebraska? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anyone watching BYU-Nebraska?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe the folks in Nebraska will turn out to cheer against BYU? Will be interesting to see what kind of turnout there will be in Lincoln.

Reaction Score
Looks like there will be another player smaller than Jefferson we play

Reaction Score
Uh no announcers. You hit the free throw and you're up 4. Game over. No way in freaking hell do you try to miss.

That was a really idiotic conversation. Mind numbingly dumb.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Maybe the folks in Nebraska will turn out to cheer against BYU? Will be interesting to see what kind of turnout there will be in Lincoln.

I'll be shocked if it isn't a ghost town now.

Reaction Score
It's one thing to suffer an upset loss. It's another to lose and then have to go back home to a small town and live through all the activity of the tourney being held there. Will be a brutal week for those Husker kids.

Reaction Score
It's one thing to suffer an upset loss. It's another to lose and then have to go back home to a small town and live through all the activity of the tourney being held there. Will be a brutal week for those Husker kids.
Lincoln isn't exactly a small town. Maybe in comparison to St. Louis, Kansas City, heck, even Omaha. But population of 265K doesn't qualify as a small town.

But, yes, it will be a tough week for them.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
BYU tried to give away the game with their turnovers and missed Free Throws. Nebraska couldn't capitalize. Made it close. BYU at the end couldn't handle Nebraska's pressure, what will they do if they face Geno's defense.

Reaction Score
BYU tried to give away the game with their turnovers and missed Free Throws. Nebraska couldn't capitalize. Made it close. BYU at the end couldn't handle Nebraska's pressure, what will they do if they face Geno's defense.
They won't have a shot, early quick run to open that game

Reaction Score
MoJet will eat BYU alive...the announcers pointed out that BYU does not take care of the ball well. Mo could have a field day - of course, there is a little matter of a game tomorrow night that must be won first.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
They won't have a shot, early quick run to open that game

Our kids don't look ahead because they just don't, but about 10 seconds after the game tomorrow, MoJeff should start salivating in anticipation of the BYU back court.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
how tall is BYU's post? She looks pretty tall.
6 foot 7

(yes, I am looking ahead) It will be interesting to see the Huskies plan for Jennifer Hamson. She can't guard Stewie out on the perimeter. Stef could be at the foul line giving Kiah a spot down low.

Looking forward to see UConn compete against a player like this but unfortunately, the crowd will likely be out of it compared to if Neb was there. Maybe more room for Husky fans.

Reaction Score
BYU really embarrassed itself in the last couple of minutes. I was happy for the upset but OMG it was hard to watch.

Reaction Score
I thought D1 teams were to limited roster size to 15. How come they have 18?
Need some history here.

The way I remember it (as HuskyBill told it to me ), Head Coach Brigham Young himself applied for to the NCAA for a hardship rule back in 1852, because he wanted to add all 18 of his wives to the scholarship roster. That request was granted. When the Mormons officially ended polygamy in 1890, the NCAA tabled (or was it tabernacled?) the motion to rescind the rule. It has been in committee ever since and was never acted upon. I believe it is rule 18.69 in the NCAA handbook.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wow that's tough. Nebraska had a chance to play UCONN on their home court in the Sweet Sixteen of the NCAA Tourney. But couldn't get there. Tough, tough loss.

Reaction Score
Lincoln isn't exactly a small town. Maybe in comparison to St. Louis, Kansas City, heck, even Omaha. But population of 265K doesn't qualify as a small town.

But, yes, it will be a tough week for them.

I ran an Army Marathon there one year. It's a small city surrounded by cornfields.

Had my best marathon time after staying out late with my brother drinking beer and only getting four hours sleep. (Lucky I didn't get dehydrated)

Reaction Score
6 foot 7

(yes, I am looking ahead) It will be interesting to see the Huskies plan for Jennifer Hamson. She can't guard Stewie out on the perimeter. Stef could be at the foul line giving Kiah a spot down low.

Looking forward to see UConn compete against a player like this but unfortunately, the crowd will likely be out of it compared to if Neb was there. Maybe more room for Husky fans.

I've been watching BYU all year since most of their games were on FIOS.

Beeson shut down Hooper for most of the game. It'll be interesting to see if she can do the same against Stewart.

Hamson will be tough if she doesn't try to block every shot and stays out of foul trouble.

Eaton can get hot but Maeda needs to stay in the game to take care of the ball (as was shown at the end of last night's game when she fouled out). I think Maeda can hang against Mo.

If Bailey has a good game again inside (she's Thurl Bailey's niece) and Xoijian Harry hits threes like she did last night they can keep the game close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom