Anyone see the end of that UK game? | The Boneyard

Anyone see the end of that UK game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was watching it at the gym so no sound but that sure looked like a shot clock violation. I was jumping around the gym begging for the call. Absolutely absurd because Vandy hit the 3 that would have tied it on the next posession. Also apparently Knight was going crazy about the whole thing.. I couldnt hear

Reaction Score
It was a really obvious shot clock violation. I don't know the rules well enough but are the refs supposed to/allowed to check that? Anyways Knight wasn't going crazy but he was talking about the game clock instead of the shot clock for some reason. I was half paying attention so I have no idea what his point was.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Obvious shot clock violation but the refs aren't allowed to go back and review it

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Knight had a "oh, no, grandpa is taking his pants off again!" moment.

He was fine during the first replay, but during a subsequent replay, he saw both the game clock and the play clock in the frame and reality scooted away from him. He couldn't understand the meaning of the 17.3 showing on the game clock and how it related to the shot-clock violation.

Rece Davis explained that one clock was the game clock and the other was the shot clock in the same patient, calming tone that you would use to explain to your elderly grandfather that it's probably the mailman and not the German army that's ringing the doorbell.

Related note - Vandy got screwed royally.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
shot clock violation, easy and obvious

Knight was totally lost, literally didn't know what he was talking about

during the discussion, he didn't know the difference between the shot clock and the game clock, and even once said it was a shot clock violation and not a clock violation

evidently, he shouldn't be doing games starting at 9:00 PM EST

Reaction Score

Reese Davis has dealt with Lee Corso for a long time, nothing new for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom