Anyone see izzo's reference to KO.. | The Boneyard

Anyone see izzo's reference to KO..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
in his post game press conference? Something like Kevin told him to focus on the light or something kill that. Saw it on ESPN this morning.

Reaction Score
Meant something LIKE that..no reference to killing anyone (lol)

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: Tom Izzo on a No. 7 seed (UConn/MSU) potentially winning the NCAA: "Maybe we hope history repeats itself."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: Tom Izzo on a No. 7 seed (UConn/MSU) potentially winning the NCAA: "Maybe we hope history repeats itself."

God I hope not. MSU fans are the worst.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
God I hope not. MSU fans are the worst.
Syracuse fans,
Kentucky fans,
BCU fan (because there must be one since periodically he wanders by here)
and of course Rutgers fans
are all worse.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Well I would take MSU over Kensucky or Dook for sure...much rather see a more likeable program win though.
I still recall Izzo saying over and over how the thought of losing to UCONN last year makes him sick (inferring that they were soooo much better than us)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'll take MSU, Izzo is the closest to us in terms of being a blue collar program

UK, Duke, UNC, KU, UCLA, AZ, and even Cuse and TX are all about blue chip recruits (although I still don't get all the love to play a zone)

I think Louisville and Florida are somewhere in between

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Well I would take MSU over Kensucky or Dook for sure...much rather see a more likeable program win though.
I still recall Izzo saying over and over how the thought of losing to UCONN last year makes him sick (inferring that they were soooo much better than us)

Tom wants a few more rings, and our rings make a lot of programs SICK

see UK and Dook for openers, then throw in all the wannabes like Cuse & BC and mix in a little more of the entitled elitist crowd and baddabing, it's a damn flu epidemic

almost forgot, we make the dumb as they come NCAA bureaucrats sick too

Reaction Score
I generally think Izzo shows class. Last year's Elite 8 game victory over MSU broke their steak of every Izzo class making a Final Four. The scoop was that UConn beat a sloppy MSU, with a 12-2 run to start, Bazz hitting 17 of his 25 in the second half, lots of MSU turnovers, poor MSU play in the paint and only one UConn missed free throw. Loving his kids, the outcome made Izzo sick.
Later, after Florida and Kensucky fell, maybe some realized that sloppy play had been caused by UConn's defense, especially on Appling, that the bigs actually boxed out, that the D denied the ball in the paint, that Boatright's 4 steals were taken, and that Shabazz was gonna do whatever it took. So, I forgive Izzo his comments and hope he wins it this year when we no longer can.

Reaction Score
Kind of hope Kentucky beats Wiconsin and MSU, maybe the B1G will start thinking that they would need to add a program with a history of closing in March.

Reaction Score
Kind of hope Kentucky beats Wiconsin and MSU, maybe the B1G will start thinking that they would need to add a program with a history of closing in March.
You have lost your damn soul.

And your mind as well, if you think that that would in any significant way push UConn closer to the B1G.

Reaction Score

Quite normal reaction and not to be taken personal. He was so close, had a higher seeded team and they couldn't get the job done. That should make any coach sick.

As for the inference, every coach should feel they are better than the opponent. So no story there either.

I may seem to show Izzo a lot of love but its mostly respect. We need more of him in the college coaching ranks. He's 'blue collar' and not a media darling (and seemingly doesn't want to be).

Reaction Score
Tom was severely out-coached last year who can blame him for being sick about it? I wasn't happy with how he acted, took away a little I though from how well the Huskies played. But he's okay and I like him a lot more that Pitino so today's an easy root!

Reaction Score
Tom was severely out-coached last year who can blame him for being sick about it? I wasn't happy with how he acted, took away a little I though from how well the Huskies played. But he's okay and I like him a lot more that Pitino so today's an easy root!
Exactly I mean he said it immediately after an emotionally tough loss. No one should take what he said as his true feelings about UConn. He was hurt beyond measure.

Fortunately we just are not familiar with that post season losing feeling and can't relate.

Reaction Score
I generally think Izzo shows class. Last year's Elite 8 game victory over MSU broke their steak of every Izzo class making a Final Four. The scoop was that UConn beat a sloppy MSU, with a 12-2 run to start, Bazz hitting 17 of his 25 in the second half, lots of MSU turnovers, poor MSU play in the paint and only one UConn missed free throw. Loving his kids, the outcome made Izzo sick.
Later, after Florida and Kensucky fell, maybe some realized that sloppy play had been caused by UConn's defense, especially on Appling, that the bigs actually boxed out, that the D denied the ball in the paint, that Boatright's 4 steals were taken, and that Shabazz was gonna do whatever it took. So, I forgive Izzo his comments and hope he wins it this year when we no longer can.

Those were the days

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You realize "worst" is a superlative term, thus you are stating that MSU fans are worse than fans of PC, BC, Cuse, Puke, UK, etc
I mean "the worst". As in worse than all of those you listed combined. I base this on my trip to the 2009 Final Four in Detroit. It was filled with MSU fans and they were all s. Every single one, before and after the game.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Izzo's kids looking good, up by six, 7 minutes left. Go #7 seed!

Reaction Score
The laundry list of teams/coaches/fans to hate has gotten too large.

It's at the point where you just try to choose the lesser of 2 evils.

Reaction Score
The laundry list of teams/coaches/fans to hate has gotten too large.

It's at the point where you just try to choose the lesser of 2 evils.
That's the curse of being good for a long period of time. You end up competing with the top teams on the court, historically, and on the recruiting trail. Helps build rivalries.

If you're Rutgers, you generally don't hate many teams.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think Izzo is the best coach in America...

Reaction Score
That's the curse of being good for a long period of time. You end up competing with the top teams on the court, historically, and on the recruiting trail. Helps build rivalries.

If you're Rutgers, you generally don't hate many teams.

That, plus the fallout of constantly getting shafted in conference realignment, but we have a whole other forum for that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom