Anyone here suffer from bulemia? | The Boneyard

Anyone here suffer from bulemia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh nice, you managed to sneak a joke about eating disorders into a post about Kentucky. Well done?

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
"People ask about that final game versus UConn. First off, we should have gotten beat by 20."
So it's almost like you won, right John? Right?

Reaction Score
Weird but my dislike for the squid has dissipated. Just like K. All they are doing is trying to catch us, can't blame them for that. In fact I yawn when reading their articles. Being on top changes one's (i.e. mine) perspective.

Its a new day. Looking for fresh meat now.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
You trying to get us to stick our fingers dow our throats?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Isn't this oxymoronic?

Calipari: I think we still haven't figured out how we're going to play. The 40-year old model of the program -- it's about the program, it's about the system, no names on the back of the jerseys -- we've flipped it. Now it's about the player. It's about his development. It's about him learning about certain leadership traits. Playing more for his teammate than himself and being his brother's keeper.

Its about the individual player but its about playing for teammates? It can't be both.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's about the program. I mean the system. Wait, I mean it's about the player. But not the player, it's about his teammate. And his brother. So, Kentucky basketball...we're all about the other guy's brother.

As far as slogans go, that one's gonna be hard to fit on a bumper sticker.

I like Rothstein, but he's perfect to interview Cal.

One guy loves to shove bull s--- and the other one loves to eat it.

Reaction Score
"People ask about that final game versus UConn. First off, we should have gotten beat by 20."
So it's almost like you won, right John? Right?

I think the full quote is important here: "People ask about that final game versus UConn. First off, we should have gotten beat by 20. We just were in awe of the moment for the first time of the year. The Michigan State game early in the year -- we weren't in awe of the moment -- we just weren't ready for the onslaught. But we came back and gave ourselves a chance to win. We should have lost that game by 20. We never got out of the awe of the moment."

As a disclaimer, I'm a much bigger fan of Cal than most people here, and I've actually defended him on occasion. But this is just complete bull s***. You were in awe of the moment? For the first time all year? The Michigan State game, though, they weren't in awe. They just weren't ready. Gotcha. Notice how this comment paints Cal in the best light possible - his team wasn't ready at the beginning of the season, but then Cal coached them up, and they eventually made it all the way to the national championship before his team picked a bad time to be in awe. It's quite the narrative he's created there. I gotta hand it to him, he's an excellent politician, which is probably also why he's such a great recruiter.

They beat an undefeated Wichita State team, the defending champs, and then Wisconsin, in the final four, with a hundred thousand people in attendance. I'm skeptical that their loss in the title had to do with anything other than UConn being better than them.

Reaction Score
champs99and04 said:
I think the full quote is important here: "People ask about that final game versus UConn. First off, we should have gotten beat by 20. We just were in awe of the moment for the first time of the year. The Michigan State game early in the year -- we weren't in awe of the moment -- we just weren't ready for the onslaught. But we came back and gave ourselves a chance to win. We should have lost that game by 20. We never got out of the awe of the moment." As a disclaimer, I'm a much bigger fan of Cal than most people here, and I've actually defended him on occasion. But this is just complete bull s***. You were in awe of the moment? For the first time all year? The Michigan State game, though, they weren't in awe. They just weren't ready. Gotcha. Notice how this comment paints Cal in the best light possible - his team wasn't ready at the beginning of the season, but then Cal coached them up, and they eventually made it all the way to the national championship before his team picked a bad time to be in awe. It's quite the narrative he's created there. I gotta hand it to him, he's an excellent politician, which is probably also why he's such a great recruiter. They beat an undefeated Wichita State team, the defending champs, and then Wisconsin, in the final four, with a hundred thousand people in attendance. I'm skeptical that their loss in the title had to do with anything other than UConn being better than them.

In fairness, he was almost right. Just a slight adjustment to the word choice. The quote should have been:

"We should have lost that game by 20. But Boatright and Daniels got cheap touch fouls and we were able to close the gap while they sat."

Semantics, really.

Reaction Score
This isn't hard. Cal will say whatever he needs to accomplish what it is "about." He would say it's about giving elderly women Brazilian wax treatments if it help accomplish what it is "about." And every fan in the Big Blew Nation, or whatever they call themselves, knows damn well what it's about. And they don't care what Cal says, because they know that HE knows exactly what it's about.

And really, as UConn fans, we are in a small group with UK and a couple other programs who are trying to get that "about".

Because what it's "about," after all, is banners. And not the 1940 Syracuse prior eon kind. Or the "nice try, you made the final four kind." It's about BANNERS.

Everything else, whether it's Cal going on about "it's about players" or whether it's Ollie going on about stairs and toes, have no doubt . . .

For them.
And for us.

It's about the banners.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
"Awed by the moment" sounds better than "UConn fed us our own balls again".

Thankfully, Kevin Ollie's team was not particularly awed by the moment, the opponent or their coach.

Reaction Score
Strummer said:
This isn't hard. Cal will say whatever he needs to accomplish what it is "about." He would say it's about giving elderly women Brazilian wax treatments if it help accomplish what it is "about." And every fan in the Big Blew Nation, or whatever they call themselves, knows damn well what it's about. And they don't care what Cal says, because they know that HE knows exactly what it's about. And really, as UConn fans, we are in a small group with UK and a couple other programs who are trying to get that "about". Because what it's "about," after all, is banners. And not the 1940 Syracuse prior eon kind. Or the "nice try, you made the final four kind." It's about BANNERS. Everything else, whether it's Cal going on about "it's about players" or whether it's Ollie going on about stairs and toes, have no doubt . . . For them. And for us. It's about the banners.

I'm thinking we could do one of those races at halftime like the Brewers do with the bratwurst, hot dog, kielbasa and sausage running around the stadium. We could just have four people dress up in championship banners - and a different one could win the race each time. Maybe with a little enthusiastic play by play ("2004 shoves down 2011 and 1999 passes 2014 on the outside. They're coming down the homestretch and 2004 gets tripped and 1999 trips over him. It's a four-banner pile up", etc.). The kids would love it.

And Syracuse could have an uncoordinated guy run around the Dome and fall down a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom