Anybody else going to the Providence game Thursday? | The Boneyard

Anybody else going to the Providence game Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This will be the first game I've attended at the Dunkin Donuts Center. For those of you who have been there before, is it a nice place? Better than the XL center? What's generally the ratio of UConn to Providence fans? Do things get tumultuous between UConn and Providence fans? Is it a good crowd.

As for the game, I actually think it's a toss-up. I don't think either team is more talented than the other. I wouldn't be surprised if Providence is favored since they're at home and they generally get fired up to play UConn. Providence has hung tough recently in Big East play and appear to be gradually improving - they only lost by four to Pitt, they played Marquette tough, beat Seton Hall, and knocked off a solid Nova team. I haven't seen Providence play this year, but Bryce Cotton is quite the scorer. Batts and Henton are solid players, Council has improved since returning from injury, and Kris Dunn has started off slow but is talented. I wouldn't be surprised to see Providence make some noise in the second half of the Big East schedule. I do think UConn is the better coached team, and with a strong turn out from Husky fans, I say we pull it off 66-62 and erase some past demons.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about going. Never gone to an away game, I work right on rt 6 in Columbia so it'd be a quick trip. Tix are pretty cheap and theres some available behind the UConn bench.

Reaction Score
This will be the first game I've attended at the Dunkin Donuts Center. For those of you who have been there before, is it a nice place? Better than the XL center? What's generally the ratio of UConn to Providence fans? Do things get tumultuous between UConn and Providence fans? Is it a good crowd.

As for the game, I actually think it's a toss-up. I don't think either team is more talented than the other. I wouldn't be surprised if Providence is favored since they're at home and they generally get fired up to play UConn. Providence has hung tough recently in Big East play and appear to be gradually improving - they only lost by four to Pitt, they played Marquette tough, beat Seton Hall, and knocked off a solid Nova team. I haven't seen Providence play this year, but Bryce Cotton is quite the scorer. Batts and Henton are solid players, Council has improved since returning from injury, and Kris Dunn has started off slow but is talented. I wouldn't be surprised to see Providence make some noise in the second half of the Big East schedule. I do think UConn is the better coached team, and with a strong turn out from Husky fans, I say we pull it off 66-62 and erase some past demons.

I will be going with some guys, working out that way staying in town so will be chatting with PC fans early (happy hour)I'm sure LOL..............used to love the trips to PC back to the ECAC days and up to the 90's..........haven't been back but never much craziness with their fans they're fine..........the Dunk has been redone since my last visit, there used to be a bar in the back corner which you could actually watch the game from if you got a good spot, not sure if it's still there or not........not a bad place, much like ours in Hartford I think a bit smaller.

Reaction Score
Where would one get tickets for this game? Also what's the best place to get uconn men's and women's tickets?

Reaction Score
Where would one get tickets for this game? Also what's the best place to get uconn men's and women's tickets?

I think there are plenty according to on line...........or should be able to there!

Reaction Score
I will be in attendance at the Dunkin Donuts Center myself! I am too excited for this game! I can't wait to see Bryce Cotton put a show on against the Huskies!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I hate the place. It has more room in the concourses than the XL, that's about the only plus. I wouldn't be worried about a fight or anything. But it's not a fun place to be when we lose. You get a lot of ball busting and fingers. And that's just from the middle school kids. It's not a good crowd, most of the people there are from Rhode Island so you can't really expect any better.

Reaction Score
I'm about to buy tickets for this right now. Lower baseline for 25 bucks each.

Reaction Score
It looks like those are in sec 115, isn't that the student section?? Lower endzone

Reaction Score
work 20 minuts from Providence so it's a no-brainer.
Not sure what to expect. PC seems to have Uconn's number lately. and I'm not sure the matchups are in our favor.

As of yesterday, they had 50 tickets listed on Stub Hub.

Reaction Score
Got 2 in the lower end zone. Never been to an away game so I also don't know what to expect. My section is directly opposite the student section so that's cool with me.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about going. Never gone to an away game, I work right on rt 6 in Columbia so it'd be a quick trip. Tix are pretty cheap and theres some available behind the UConn bench.

You're lucky I can't go or I would say something really snarky to you. But I try not to be a hypocrite. Anyway try and not think too much, go for the experience along for the team.

Out of pure jealousy I'm 'liking' everyone going.

Reaction Score
Had a great time there Thursday night........4 of us bought seats and never got there. We stayed at the Hilton next door, started at Shula's which was in the hotel (thanks sean) and they said if we get there at 6 we'd be okay going up to the bar which is in the end zone. We were the first one's up there and had the window seat for 4 all night. Ended up with about 8 PC fans hanging around us and we had a blast with them. One of the guys was a lawyer in CT and was a trip, buying each other rounds........great game good fun. Thought the Dunk did a great job for the fans, had promotions during TO's and awards also to fans, soldiers etc etc.........great college atmosphere, plenty of Husky fans for sure!!!

Murphy's Pub was a blast too after..........thanks again sean!!!

Reaction Score
i was there as well. i was in 116. the UConn students that made the trip were loud the whole game. clearly the loudest section in the arena, including the PC student section. Very Impressive. Had a great time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom