Anybody aware of any potential grad transfers that could be added? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Anybody aware of any potential grad transfers that could be added?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Harris from Providence would be a great addition to the team.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I saw that on ESPN also. Any reason why his averages dropped so much the last five games of this season? Maybe one of our PC brethren can fill us in.

Reaction Score
Mark Jackson's name keeps popping up but would he (a) be willing to drop his ego as a bonafide NBA coach and (b) could he recruit?

I've felt for a while now that he would be the man for the job. I doubt a guy with that amount of NBA connections is going to struggle recruiting.

He did a solid job with Golden State, but it isn't like he is going to have his hand pick of NBA jobs. I have to imagine re-establishing his alma mater as a national player is more appealing to him than taking say, the Nuggets job. If he succeeds at St. Johns, he can always go back to the NBA when he is negotiating in a position of power.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Stanford Robinson transferring out of Indiana... Hasn't been great for IU on the court or off the court (failed drug test). 6 and 4 on witchita isnt that bad of a stat line I guess and he was rated high out of high school... I will pass on going for this kid tho

Also Memphis lose King and Powell to transferring...

Reaction Score
I've felt for a while now that he would be the man for the job. I doubt a guy with that amount of NBA connections is going to struggle recruiting.

He did a solid job with Golden State, but it isn't like he is going to have his hand pick of NBA jobs. I have to imagine re-establishing his alma mater as a national player is more appealing to him than taking say, the Nuggets job. If he succeeds at St. Johns, he can always go back to the NBA when he is negotiating in a position of power.
I agree. Although the job Kerr has done with Golden State is a bit damning, I think he'd be a great fit for St. John's.

Reaction Score

Yeah like him--hes a tad under rated. Would be a nice core addition if he wants to be part of the team. Could play some mobile 4. This is the route to fill out the team. We have a lot of core pieces. Now we need a couple of fill ins and veteran players are by far the best route.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I agree. Although the job Kerr has done with Golden State is a bit damning, I think he'd be a great fit for St. John's.
I live in Berkeley and am a big Dubs fan, so I've spent quite a bit of time taking and reading about Jackson with people who cover the team. Consensus is his ego would never let him take a college job. He thinks he was unfairly run out of Golden State, and wants to get back into the NBA. I suspect he'll get a shot at that within the next 4 months, and would honestly be a great fit with Orlando - a young team that needs defensive solidity (Jackson's a good defensive coach), has their important players under long-term contracts, and can spend 3 years playing for a guy who'll get you up the mountain but not quite to the top.

Kerr has (unsurprisingly) proved to be a major upgrade, but Jackson does deserve credit for instilling a winning defensive formula, collecting a bunch of talent and pulling this team out of the abyss. He's not Pat Riley, but he's not Vinny Del Negro, either.

One other thing re: Jackson coaching at St. John's is that he's A) no longer Catholic, and B) has his own church out in Reseda, and has been pretty outspoken on the born again movement. While this wouldn't be an issue for most, I have to believe a Vincentian university would at least think long and hard about that hire.

Reaction Score
Sporting News @sportingnews · 11m 11 minutes ago
Source to @tsnmike: St. John's is in negotiations with Steve Lavin about a contract extension. http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2015-03-25/steve-lavin-fired-coaching-st-johns-contract-red-storm-ncaa-tournament?eadid=SOC/Twi/SNMain…

1375804582_276253_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Jackie-Chan_1600x900.jpg

Reaction Score
Kerr has (unsurprisingly) proved to be a major upgrade, but Jackson does deserve credit for instilling a winning defensive formula, collecting a bunch of talent and pulling this team out of the abyss. He's not Pat Riley, but he's not Vinny Del Negro, either.

Have to agree with you post. Jackson was a fine D coach but Kerr just has the ingredients to be a successful pro coach and its really shown this season. Their offense is amazing with spectacular with their passing (37 team assists last night!) and the defense has kept up this season and is even better with everyone healthy and happy.

It was a disappointing season for the Huskies, but the Warriors might make up for it this year!

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
It was a disappointing season for the Huskies, but the Warriors might make up for it this year!
Yup! Only thing they're missing from that roster is a Husky to cheer for. I hope they end up bringing Boat in this summer because I think he could end up being a good change-of-pace, situational reserve for them as the one thing they lack is a pure dribble penetration guy.

EDIT: Also... hi Doug! It's me.

Reaction Score
He may have already been mentioned in this thread, but think Shonn Miller would be a great addition to this team. 6'7" 210 played the 4 and 5 for Cornell (article here) and he averaged 16.8 points, 8.5 rebounds, 1.8 blocks and shot 83% from the line (141-169).

Reaction Score
He may have already been mentioned in this thread, but think Shonn Miller would be a great addition to this team. 6'7" 210 played the 4 and 5 for Cornell (article here) and he averaged 16.8 points, 8.5 rebounds, 1.8 blocks and shot 83% from the line (141-169).

probably wouldn't have to worry about his gpa for grad school either like some of the guys they were pursuing last year.

Reaction Score
That's a good find there partner...forward to the staff. ASAP

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Now those numbers look promising, for a backup 3-4 why not?

Reaction Score
Now those numbers look promising, for a backup 3-4 why not?
Ok....Lets let him fight it our with The "Rock", Phil, SE & KF and see where the dust settles on that 1. 100/1 odds any of these guys beat him out. :)

Reaction Score
Wow very nice player there--absolutely perfect fit here. I think he could also really help Brimah and Nolan by playing a mobile 4 and giving the C's more space. Steve N could back him up and lubin for FT and power depth.

Reaction Score
Wow very nice player there--absolutely perfect fit here. I think he could also really help Brimah and Nolan by playing a mobile 4 and giving the C's more space. Steve N could back him up and lubin for FT and power depth.

not too mention he could be the team tutor as well.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Ok....Lets let him fight it our with The "Rock", Phil, SE & KF and see where the dust settles on that 1. 100/1 odds any of these guys beat him out. :)
I was under the impression he was a 3, considering he's 6'7

Reaction Score
http://www.cornellbigred.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=37345
I think his natural position would be the 4.

At the open practice this year compliance encouraged contact with the staff regarding any prospects someone may be aware of for recruiting purposes. As opposed to any alternative method that is. This seems to fit the bill.

The 2015-16 team needs a shot in the arm from somewhere.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
http://www.cornellbigred.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=37345
I think his natural position would be the 4.

At the open practice this year compliance encouraged contact with the staff regarding any prospects someone may be aware of for recruiting purposes. As opposed to any alternative method that is. This seems to fit the bill.

The 2015-16 team needs a shot in the arm from somewhere.
Per KenPom, Cornell had him playing the 4 and 5 this year:

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 6.33.23 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member