Anybody aware of any potential grad transfers that could be added? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Anybody aware of any potential grad transfers that could be added?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Oh my bad, read his statement as he was probably leaving lsu to perhaps also another program.

Reaction Score
My money is on him entering the draft if he leaves LSU. Some sites were giving him mid-late first round consideration earlier this year. He was nursing an injury as the season wound down so his stock's a little low, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's looking into it.
But oh wouldn't that be so ideal

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Mickey should stay another year at LSU. Add Simmons and Blakeney and they could compete with just about any team in the nation. It would be LSU's first big year in a long time, and Mickey would have more time in the spotlight if LSU becomes highly ranked.

Good chance he solidifies his first round status if he stays.

Reaction Score
Marcus Foster ran out of Kansas State by Bruce Weber. That would be an impact transfer assuming it wasn't grades that got him dismissed

Reaction Score
Marcus Foster ran out of Kansas State by Bruce Weber. That would be an impact transfer assuming it wasn't grades that got him dismissed

To be as talented as Foster and be dismissed you have to be a real malcontent. It isn't like this is out of the blue, either; he'd been warned multiple times throughout the season to clean up his act. He's certainly a kid that could make a difference here but I imagine Ollie will tread carefully.

Reaction Score

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If I were Ollie and company, I would keep Brandon Sampson's number on speed dial. Top 40 shooting guard with range...

There's a very real chance Steve Lavin's not surviving the month at St. John's.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
If I were Ollie and company, I would keep Brandon Sampson's number on speed dial. Top 40 shooting guard with range...

He would be an awesome guy to jump in on, but we have never been connected to him before. Louisiana kid who was reportedly leaning towards Cal before committing to St Johns around New Years. We could definitely use a shooter, but I won't get my hopes up.

Reaction Score
Actually, reading through the comments, I may be misunderstanding. I think this is for hardship waivers for four-year players? It sounds like grad transfers could still play right away? I'm not clear, and I can't find the story he's referring to anywhere.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Borzello doesn't believe that's what happening

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/580716002599665664
Jeff BorzelloVerified account ‏@jeffborzello
For what it's worth, I think the new legislation only impacts hardship waivers, not graduate transfers.

As an aside, Rothstein has been making a fool of himself the past 24 hrs with his tweets on transfers.

Yeah, I think Borzello is right. I'm not sure if I misunderstood the original tweet, or understood it, but he's confused. In either case, it looks like I was wrong. Sorry for the confusion everyone!

Reaction Score
Wow does Rothstein sound like an idiot. Sure, it's crazy how many transfers there are lately and some of that is because of an increased sense of entitlement on the part of the players. But how many of these transfers are the result of a coach directly or indirectly running a kid out of town? How many are the result of a coach leaving for greener pastures himself? Is he really arguing that kids should be held hostage at the school they originally chose?

Reaction Score
Wow does Rothstein sound like an idiot. Sure, it's crazy how many transfers there are lately and some of that is because of an increased sense of entitlement on the part of the players. But how many of these transfers are the result of a coach directly or indirectly running a kid out of town? How many are the result of a coach leaving for greener pastures himself? Is he really arguing that kids should be held hostage at the school they originally chose?
Because no one makes better choices than 17-18 year old boys.

Reaction Score

People brought up the movement of coaches to him and he countered that head coaches have to pay "massive buyouts", as if the new school doesn't pay most if not all of the buyout, coaches aren't already paid millions of dollars, and they agreed to those buyouts in the 1st place. He sounds like he's completely out to sea.

Reaction Score

Yup.

http://nypost.com/2015/03/24/when-it-comes-to-lavins-future-st-johns-silence-is-deafening/

Though several sources close to the program believe Lavin is on the way out, no confirmation from the school has been given. The staff has yet to be notified of the school’s position. A series of meetings and conversations have taken place among higher-ups at the Queens school that have yet to produce any results, according to sources.

“I think this is the president taking his time to make sure he has all the information and a board that is being overly cautious and wants to make the right decision,” a source connected to the program said.

Reaction Score
Definitely doesn't help Lavin that he publicly said he's not a good tournament coach.

He might have dug his own grave with those comments. Even though everyone already knows that you dont make the comment to the public.

Reaction Score
Definitely doesn't help Lavin that he publicly said he's not a good tournament coach.

He might have dug his own grave with those comments. Even though everyone already knows that you dont make the comment to the public.

Mark Jackson's name keeps popping up but would he (a) be willing to drop his ego as a bonafide NBA coach and (b) could he recruit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom