Anybody aware of any potential grad transfers that could be added? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Anybody aware of any potential grad transfers that could be added?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Part of me is saying I don't want him, and the other part of me is sad that I have to sit and hope TSam can become him.

Reaction Score
Eligible immediately. Not a bad player, but he's a 6'3'' shooting guard who was 1-12 from 3 for the entire season (and 0-4 the previous season). He's not a point guard and he's not a shooter, so he doesn't exactly fill a need.

You mean he actually made one? That's an improvement over one of our guards! Sign me up

Reaction Score
Best case is that Brown reclassifies, but Gordon - with his three years of experience - would be a nice addition.

He may not be a shooter, but he's a solid all-around guard, kind of like Kromah. LK never lit it up at GW, and he turned out to be an extremely valuable piece to a NC-winning team.

They'll be starting a freshman at point, so I'm a for adding more experience (whether Gordon or someone else) in the backcourt.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Eligible immediately. Not a bad player, but he's a 6'3'' shooting guard who was 1-12 from 3 for the entire season (and 0-4 the previous season). He's not a point guard and he's not a shooter, so he doesn't exactly fill a need.
Better than TSam. Sign him up! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Doesn't this describe UCONN's returning backcourt?

Reaction Score
Stay away from him. Nice kid but not a fit here.

Reaction Score
No thanks. I never liked the Harris' recruitment - Neither one (Tobias or Tyler).

How many transfers has this kid had now?

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
did Goodman's transfer list come out yet?[/QUOTE]

Given this is in the Derrick Gordon thread (who is the firs openly gay D1 player), I can't tell if it is a bad pun. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Doesn't this describe UCONN's returning backcourt?
No. Purvis shot 36% from 3.

Maybe you can say that about Samuel, but we're talking about shooting guards, and Purvis can shoot.

Reaction Score
No. Purvis shot 36% from 3.

Maybe you can say that about Samuel, but we're talking about shooting guards, and Purvis can shoot.
Well actually TSAM is more of a shooting guard who can't shoot than a point guard. He is good slasher and nothing else. His lack of handle and point guard skills make him a glaring weakness at the one when he does play it. He is better off the ball slashing to the lane for a bucket.

Reaction Score
Well actually TSAM is more of a shooting guard who can't shoot than a point guard. He is good slasher and nothing else. His lack of handle and point guard skills make him a glaring weakness at the one when he does play it. He is better off the ball slashing to the lane for a bucket.
I know. I'm just trying to play along with what struck me as an ill-informed post.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Derrick Gordon's a pretty good player, but I don't see where he fits here.

If we're looking for Bruce Brown and we already have Purvis and Samuel, it would see that our shooting guard issues are buttoned up.

If Gordon was hitting 40% on threes, that'd be a different story.

Unrelated note - why are guys leaving good situations?

Reaction Score
apparently the ncaa is making changes with transfer rules. not sure if it includes grad transfers but it may

Reaction Score
Looking at Jeff Borzello's list of players transferring and players re-opening recruiting due to coaching change - there's really no quality showing up yet.

Paschall could help but don't think any of the others would bring much to the 2015/2016 Huskies.

Reaction Score
He's not a transfer, but has anyone heard any word about Georgios Papagiannis lately? I know our staff was looking at him a couple months back. Last I heard, it was unlikely he was coming back stateside, but he would be a nice talent to add to next year's squad.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Jordan Micky lsu might be transferring, first team sec big man I think. Sounds like he's worth a look...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Jordan Micky lsu might be transferring, first team sec big man I think. Sounds like he's worth a look...

My money is on him entering the draft if he leaves LSU. Some sites were giving him mid-late first round consideration earlier this year. He was nursing an injury as the season wound down so his stock's a little low, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's looking into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom