Any Rutgers fans lurking here? | The Boneyard

Any Rutgers fans lurking here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
If so, got any perspective on this season?

Reason for asking: I see that Seton Hall beat Rutgers by about 20. Seton Hall????

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
More like 30 points.

Getting out rebounded by 13, many of those offensive boards that lead to open threes, turning the ball over 22 times, fouling a crap load, letting them shoot open threes. Just a train wreck of a game for us.

Also Seton Hall made us very uncomfortable on offense, and didn't let us get many fast break points.

It kind of felt like the game against Duke back in 07 when they blew us out by 40 at home. At least this was on the road.

Hopefully this team like grow like that team did. I still really like this team's upside. That's all I got.

Onto St. John's at home on Thursday.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If so, got any perspective on this season?

Reason for asking: I see that Seton Hall beat Rutgers by about 20. Seton Hall????
Not a Rutgers fan, but SH has made a near miraculous turn around from the misery they were under their longtime coach and then a short stint from the former Suns coach. So not as stunning a loss as it would have been three years ago.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Not a giant Rutgers fan but did often root for them in BEast days when they took on SEC teams. You may not be aware that the Seton Hall team of years ago is pretty much a thing of the past in the modern Big East. Last year they were 28-6 and got a #9 seed in the Tourney before bowing out to #8 seed Rutgers, who then went on to play UConn in round 2.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if they came to play or took this team for granted. Defensively, they were uncharacteristically soft. They let Seton Hall shoot open 3s all day. SH's best shooter hit 4 first half 3 pters that were mostly uncontested at the top of the key?!

Rutgers looked confused, disorganized and predictable on offense. They have to figure out who else will be able to step up besides Copper and Scaife or it will be a very long season.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Seton Hall's been no joke for a couple of years... Not sure how long Tony's gonna stick around such a tiny program. But, it may be what he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom