Any legendary BBQ joints between Myrtle Beach and Greenville, NC? | The Boneyard

Any legendary BBQ joints between Myrtle Beach and Greenville, NC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know, it's 3 months away. Too bad, it's not too soon to think about bennies other than most of a week in Myrtle before driving up to the ECU game in Greenville. It's about a 3 hour drive. We'll need lunch going up and coming back. Thanks all.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
B's in Greenville.

Reaction Score
The problem is anything you find will most likely be eastern Carolina style which I personally don't care for. To begin with they're not big on ribs but the pulled pork meat is good. The sauce borders on awful however. It is essentially vinegar with a few pinches of spice. I like Memphis and Kansas City style much better. Buy some meat and bring your own sauce.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yep. Eastern Carolina BBQ is all about pulled pork with a vinegar/brown sugar/pepper sauce. Often served on a bun with cole slaw.

When done right it's fantastic.

Unless you like tomato based BBQ sauce, dry rub or mustard based sauces. Or if you prefer brisket, ribs or chicken.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Skylight in Ayden, NC. Although it's a pretty short drive from Greenville if you were hoping to find a lunch spot in the middle of your trip.

Reaction Score
Lexington Barbaque in Lexington, NC. TheJerk and I would go down there for a meal when we went to the races on Memorial Day weekend. Classic southern BBQ.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Can also confirm Lexington Barbeque is a great spot, not just me but everyone that lives down here loves Lexington barbeque

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
I know, it's 3 months away. Too bad, it's not too soon to think about bennies other than most of a week in Myrtle before driving up to the ECU game in Greenville. It's about a 3 hour drive. We'll need lunch going up and coming back. Thanks all.

Sugar Shack in Ocean Isle Beach is the best BBQ in Southeastern NC. Ribs are done to perfection with a Jamaican dry rub. Also Jerk chicken and a flavorful chicken stew. Too crowded to go to during the summer but in the fall it is manageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom