Any chance we can make a push for McCoy | The Boneyard

Any chance we can make a push for McCoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know we currently on her final list of schools, but do you think UConn will try to make a push at her again? Not sure why she removed UConn from her list, I thought for a while she was UConn's to lose.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not sure she was ever UCONN's to lose. That hype was started by me based on a comment made by her father very early in the recruiting process when Tori was a HS Sophomore. I posted in a another thread that UCONN should definitely re- engage with McCoy.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen her play, but I have heard people say she is just as good or better than Cox. I always wanted to see her sign with UConn, even more than Cox

Reaction Score
I know for 2017 we are recruiting Jade Williams. Is there interested either way for KK (I will never be able to spell her first or last name!)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Short answer, is no. I'm not sure why anyone would think she's better than Cox or Holmes. She's never really been a part of USA basketball - I'm not sure if she was cut, injured, or chose not to play, but just because she's a better athlete does not make her a better hoops player...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Short answer, is no. I'm not sure why anyone would think she's better than Cox or Holmes. She's never really been a part of USA basketball - I'm not sure if she was cut, injured, or chose not to play, but just because she's a better athlete does not make her a better hoops player...
Eric,
I assume you are talking about Kasiyahna Kushkituah. She is thought by many to be a heavy Lady Vols lean.
She did not make the U16 team this summer but she didn't do that badly either.

For now, she is focused on getting better at basketball. Last week, she was not among the 12 girls selected to represent the United States in the 2015 FIBA Americas U16 Championship. The tryouts, which were held in Colorado Springs, started with 149 girls, and Kushkituah made it to the second-to-last roster reduction, when there were 40 players remaining.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/13007002/kasiyahna-kushkituah

She is only 16 relatively new to the game give her some time.

Reaction Score
McCoy is down to Ohio State and Tennessee! I don't think UCONN can slide in there at this point.

Reaction Score
Eric,
I assume you are talking about Kasiyahna Kushkituah. She is thought by many to be a heavy Lady Vols lean.

For now, she is focused on getting better at basketball. Last week, she was not among the 12 girls selected to represent the United States in the 2015 FIBA Americas U16 Championship. The tryouts, which were held in Colorado Springs, started with 149 girls, and Kushkituah made it to the second-to-last roster reduction, when there were 40 players remaining.

Kasi and my sister are close. I have a pretty good feeling she'll be in Orange.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
McCoy is down to Ohio State and Tennessee! I don't think UCONN can slide in there at this point.
Rarely does what I want match up with what UCONN does.
At this point McCoy is a must get for Lady Vols No? I saw McCune signed with West Virginia?? maybe.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
At this point McCoy is a must get for Lady Vols No? I saw McCune signed with West Virginia?? maybe.

Yes...I'd say she is a must get for us. But I'm just a fan so I know nothing. We'd have to play Jasmine Jones at the 4 with Kortney Dunbar as back up if we don't get her. That still doesn't allow any options to spell Mercedes in the post when she needs a rest. So yes, we'd LOVE to get McCoy. We stopped recruiting McCune and pulled her offer from what I was told a few months ago.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I would like to see UConn get after Danielle Patterson out of NYC. She has great footwork and is great around the basket.

Reaction Score
Most definitely a "must get". If we don't get McCoy this year it'll honestly be a big blow to next year's team. If we don't get her then we're basically counting on Jasmine Jones using her extra year of eligibility. We're really in trouble if she elects not to.

Reaction Score
Really? You have a link for that? because she is still has an official visit set up for South Carolina. It's a long way until March when she says wants to make her final decision.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Really? You have a link for that? because she is still has an official visit set up for South Carolina. It's a long way until March when she says wants to make her final decision.

Bret McCormick (@ASGR1995) said it on twitter that McCoy will likely be choosing between Ohio State and Tennessee, but until I see a statement from McCoy or she cancels her OV to us then SC still has a chance. Same with Caretti, word here is that she's down to Pitt and Rutgers, but SC still has a chance with her as well. She just planned her official visit with us.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno decided not to pursue McCoy while fully recognizing Cox was a longshot.

Reaction Score
McCoy's two finalists had the biggest and most consistent presence following her injury from what I've heard. She stated this about Tennessee in a recent interview and how much it meant to her. Jolette Law and her family have longstanding ties as well. Lady Vols are in very good shape with Tori but so is Ohio State. We need a post! She has been on two visits already (unofficial and official) and has stated she would like to attend a regular season game or two. She won't sign till April per multiple quotes of her parents.

2017 could be a big year for Tennessee with Maya Dodson and Kasi being considered big Tennessee leans and Mikayla Coombs showing a lot interest as well.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Geno decided not to pursue McCoy while fully recognizing Cox was a longshot.
I don't remember seeing anything that said Geno/UCONN "stop" pursuing McCoy. Geno made a home visit with McCoys on March 11th. Many of us speculated that the visit did not go well because no UCONN offer was extended. A home visit in March (during the season when the player was still injured) is an indication of interest IMO.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
If McCoy goes to OSU, which I don't think will happen, I will finally buy into something being wrong at Tennessee in regards to recruiting. Yes, we have missed on all of the Post recruits since Mercedes, but there were reasons:

Brown & Mompremier decided they wanted to play together, funny enough on their visit to Tennessee. Brown was going to Baylor no matter what, so Mompremier followed.
Holmes to Texas was the worst kept recruiting secret since Stewart coming to UConn. Yes, she visited Tennessee, but the staff knew it was a long shot.
Cox wanted to stay close to home, so Baylor it was.
Akhator chose Kentucky because of the relationship with one of the assistant coaches.
Mavunga transferred to Ohio State because that's where her parents wanted her to go.

No school in the country can offer the playing time for Posts that Tennessee can. We have Mercedes next year, and that's it.

Yes, KK & Dodson are very heavy Tennessee leans. However, if Tennessee doesn't get McCoy, I have my doubts that they will come to Knoxville. McCoy won't be signing until April, so we have a long wait.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't remember seeing anything that said Geno/UCONN "stop" pursuing McCoy. Geno made a home visit with McCoys on March 11th. Many of us speculated that the visit did not go well because no UCONN offer was extended. A home visit in March (during the season when the player was still injured) is an indication of interest IMO.

I never sad there was no interest in McCoy. There was a home visit and no offer was extended. There was a subsequent decision not to pursue her and I doubt that was because the home visit didn't go well. So, again, Geno decided not to pursue McCoy. Muffet made a similar decision.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I never sad there was no interest in McCoy. There was a home visit and no offer was extended. There was a subsequent decision not to pursue her and I doubt that was because the home visit didn't go well. So, again, Geno decided not to pursue McCoy. Muffet made a similar decision.
In the context of recruiting isn't a decison to not pursue the same as having no interest?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
In the context of recruiting isn't a decison to not pursue the same as having no interest?

I have no idea what your point is. Decisions not to pursue a recruit are often made after showing some level of interest. In other words, the interest stops, or the coach is no longer interested or the coach has chosen to stop pursuing a recruit. What is confusing about this concept?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What is confusing about this concept?
Only your statement: Geno decided not to pursue McCoy while fully recognizing Cox was a longshot.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Eric,

I was referring to the poster who said they wanted McCoy over Cox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom