Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Darn Oklahoma.... this is gonna hurt Duke's RPI or whatever

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
USF is pretty good....not as good as UConn, but pretty good. However, they have been known to give us discomfort in games, and we do play them twice - January and March. Their Courtney Williams is on the Wade watch ,and they have at least one person - Alisia Jenkins, who averages a double double. Meanwhile my brother tells me that part of their UN group (they have 2 Spaniards, a Portuguese, a Dane and a Swede), the Danish woman is a rebounding machine. I would not go to sleep on Jose's team this year. Best of luck to them. This conference needs more good teams.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It always warms my heart to see the Sooners lose. Poor Sherri...how long will OU continue to pay her a million a year with results like this?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
USF is a good team. The Bulls won the WNIT in 2009 and was the WNIT Championship runner up (to Rutgers) last spring. USF is one of those teams that can make an opponent pay if taken too lightly. I think USF is one or two impact players from being a consistent Top 25 team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe the AAC isn't as bad as everyone thinks?

Yes it is. Where "everyone" is wrong is in their perception that the P-5 conferences are "strong". In a relative sense, perhaps. But take 3 teams from each of the so-called 'power five' and you have a bunch of mid-major conferences. One problem wcbb has is that they have been forced into a conference system designed for football, and/or men's basketball, without having enough commitment from their members to women's basketball. Some of that is due to a lack of talent. Imagine for a moment that all power 5 conference members had to have a men's hockey team. It would look even worse than wbb (with the exception of the B1G), with lopsided blowouts filling the results pages. But hockey is allowed to circumvent the system and in their smaller world there is vibrancy and excellent competition.

IMO the solution in wcbb is to abandon the conference system and come up with a much smaller (and much more competitive) D1 or D1+. Of course the symbiotic relationship between the NCAA and conferences is a very difficult nut to crack. IMO it could happen only if TV pushed for it. ESPN/Fox are the only entities with the influence.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
USF beat the Illini last night. Good for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom