Another pretender exposed? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Another pretender exposed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
They trailed Oregon at the half and only lead by 10 with less than 7 minutes to go...I don't think it's particularly inaccurate to say that they struggled.
I think people are objecting to the 'pretenders' part. Yes, Oregon struggled but there seems to be an understandable reason behind it. At least ASU showed good intestinal fortitude in pulling out a win after being so far behind. That experience should help them in the post season, IMO.

This is a good thread. We don't hear a lot about the Pac 12 here on the East Coast so I'm liking learning about these teams we don't see very often.

Reaction Score
At least ASU showed good intestinal fortitude in pulling out a win after being so far behind.

Think you might be mixing up some of the details. Largest deficit for Arizona st was 17-9 midway through the 1st half.
Though the sun devils trailed by 2 at half, they took the lead less than a minute in to the 2nd half and never trailed again.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Think you might be mixing up some of the details. Largest deficit for Arizona st was 17-9 midway through the 1st half.
Though the sun devils trailed by 2 at half, they took the lead less than a minute in to the 2nd half and never trailed again.
Thanks for the correction. I didn't see the game, just read an article so, yes, I had my details mixed up.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
We should remember that in the Sweet 16 game last year for UConn's undefeated squad that UConn trailed going into the last minute of the first half, led by only 1 at the half, and were behind for a short period in the second half before they finally got their rhythm and went on to win by 19.

Didn't think the Huskies were pretenders at the time, just that they'd hit a very tall obstacle that needed to be steered around on the way to the NC.

Reaction Score
It is true that some ASU teams in the past, touted as the real deal, were pretenders. This version gets better reviews than those, but I've not seen them play. My wife and I are going to the ASU/OSU game tomorrow and I'll report back.

Reaction Score
It is true that some ASU teams in the past, touted as the real deal, were pretenders. This version gets better reviews than those, but I've not seen them play. My wife and I are going to the ASU/OSU game tomorrow and I'll report back.
So are we. Anyone know how long ESPN.com waits to put up replays of broadcast games? (Have to miss the UCONN game for this)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
1) No.
2) Unless the NCAA assigns teams to the NC game randomly, the only way one wins a title is by winning a lot of games, not just 1.
Like I said, you must be an ND fan.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
So are we. Anyone know how long ESPN.com waits to put up replays of broadcast games? (Have to miss the UCONN game for this)
It's usually within a few hours of the game. They fill in the slots on the Game Replay site throughout the day, so you'll probably get to watch it before Downton Abbey comes on.

Reaction Score
It's usually within a few hours of the game. They fill in the slots on the Game Replay site throughout the day, so you'll probably get to watch it before Downton Abbey comes on.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69