Another Likely Visit | The Boneyard

Another Likely Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This one is SG Namon Wright. He's a 4* player but after watching a few videos of him I'm a big fan of his game. Here's and excerpt from a Rivals article:

Pac-12 coaches and others have noticed that already, as coaches from Oregon, USC, UCLA and Arizona were among those on hand.

After his game, which resulted in a Dream Vision win over the Atlanta Celtics, Wright listed a similar school list, saying that the previously mentioned schools, as well as Gonzaga, UConn, Texas, Florida State and Vanderbilt had the most contact.

The rising senior does not have a top five, but Wright did say that of the schools on his list, UCLA, Oregon, USC, Gonzaga and Arizona stand out the most, adding that UConn is gaining favor with him as well. The four-star has not set a date, but does plan on visiting Storrs sometime in the fall, and will likely take an official visit to Gonzaga.

http://arizona.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1524312

Reaction Score
Visit are the next big step with most of these recruits. Let the chips fall

Nothing wrong with a finely prep kid visiting. This years team is stacked

Reaction Score
Seemingly the plan B for Oubre. Like this kid as well. Hope we get a visit and the west coast connection continues. Dream Vision is stacked so would more than welcome Namon!

Edge2017

Bleed Blue
Reaction Score
Looks good from what I've seen. He's from Cali so KO and Hamilton will help us in that aspect. Would definitely take Oubre over him any day though.

Reaction Score
While I would be thrilled to get Oubre or this kid, we will be stacked at the SG position in 14-15 between Calhoun and purvis. I would really like to focus on adding Perkins/Kaleb Joseph , Abu/black and Chukwu/Turner, at the 1,4, and 5, as they could have the chance to start immediately, while taking a lower ranked 2 like Carrington or Beaufort and allowing them to develop. most top wing recruits wont be interested in playing backup minutes.

Reaction Score
▲▲▲
There is a big jump down in talent from Carrington to Beaufort

Reaction Score
▲▲▲
There is a big jump down in talent from Carrington or Beaufort

Beaufort yes, Carrington can score on the level of this kid Wright imo. No offense to Beaufort but if that's who we're going for to fill a guard slot than the staff will have missed on everyone.

Reaction Score
Sorry did not mean or in comparing the two.. Carrington is a much better player then Beaufort

Reaction Score
We still have such solid recruits looking at us. If we can land even 2 or 3 of them, on top of Hamilton and Purvis, we will be golden. Call me greedy, but with all the talent looking at us, I hope we don't end up settling for people out of the top 100. Ollie has already done a phenomenal job as on and off the floor. Give me 2-3 of these guys (MacLaughlin, Perkins, Hill, Oubure, Chatman, Robinson, Gant, Black, Abu, Looney, Okonoboh, Turner or Chukwu) and I might shed a tear. If Calapari can land every recruit in the nation and win 1 sorry title, we should be able to land just as many and win 4, 5 and more. Maybe I'm just bias tho.

Reaction Score
▲▲▲
There is a big jump down in talent from Carrington to Beaufort

I didn't say they were equally talented. I'm only saying taking carrington as a third or fourth choice or Beaufort as a last choice would not be the end of the world. Especially since we are getting a visit from 2015 Malachi Richardson in the fall

U

UCONNfan1

UCONN gaining favor? Love that. With all the kids we seem to be pursuing (some top kids, some not at the top), it's just great to see so much mention of UCONN by the recruits. I can foresee a time in the very near future where UCONN is actually able to hold their own against Ken$ucky, Puke, UNC, & Kansas. I'd love to see us land that other kid who seems like his top 2 are UCONN and IU (I forget his name).

Reaction Score
I've seen Namon play several times throughout the years. Very very nice, but sometimes streaky, shooter/scorer. Perhaps the second coming of Rashad Anderson. Two potential pts of caution.
1) He will be attending his 4th high school (Price, Sierra Canyon, Pacific Hills, and now Findlay Prep). His family members/associates shopped him and his friend (Devin Burleson) to just about every decent HS team in SoCal.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/var...ll-namon-wright-is-leaving-pacific-hills.html

2) He will be 20 years old before attending college (considered a double hold-back in California) http://www.familytreelegends.com/re...y=0&5=&7=&SubmitSearch.x=23&SubmitSearch.y=22

Another odd report about Namon being enrolled at two schools at the same time:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/var...l-namon-wright-is-still-at-pacific-hills.html

Reaction Score
UCONN gaining favor? Love that. With all the kids we seem to be pursuing (some top kids, some not at the top), it's just great to see so much mention of UCONN by the recruits. I can foresee a time in the very near future where UCONN is actually able to hold their own against Ken$ucky, Puke, UNC, & Kansas. I'd love to see us land that other kid who seems like his top 2 are UCONN and IU (I forget his name).
Devin Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32