Another 6'9" on the recruiting radar.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Another 6'9" on the recruiting radar....

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGN

Reaction Score
Getting Felicia Aieoytan signed and in a UConn uniform would be almost unfair.....As some schools will ask for an investigation. Trying anything to stop it. Rivals would know that if Geno got his hands on a talent like I just saw on video , and surround her with the type of talent he would have at his disposal , its Dynasty Time. It's another 78-0 baby.

This young lady is not just 6'9 , but an athletic 6'9...With a decent frame. Putting her in the post on defense is like having a Griner in there. But 1-inch taller.

I hope Geno and staff can get her to visit Storrs this year or next. She can bring a lot to the table.

But whoever gets her is going to be very , very happy.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
FWIW: The Sporting News ranks her high school team [Neumann-Goretti] around preseason national #8.
The brief write-up mentions that they have 3 starters from last year's team returning 'and' junior Felicia.
Does that imply she didn't start last year? They were 29-1...one game away from their first title.
They have a senior point who will be going to Georgia Tech next year.

Reaction Score
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

What a great prospect. If she decides to attend UCONN, Tony may have to resurrect his 195 - 0 prediction.
Thought that was still active - just didn't go to 235-0 'cuz we missed out on Durr.....?

If we get Fefe and then Mo'Ne, it should run out to at least 346-0

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Her body proportions resemble a big Tina Charles. The advantage to Geno & staff of a player lacking in experience is no bad habits to break. And, she's currently getting good experience speaking Philly!
A big Tina Charles lol, not that's saying something.

She isn't even trying hard when dunking.
Agreed. There's dunking in practice and game dunking. She looks like dunking could be and effective part of her game. Can you imagine a UConn guard throw an ally-oop to her in a game?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some background on Felicia Aiyeotan. She's been in the country for a few years. She has played VERY sparingly for Neuman Goretti HS so far. Her high ranking is based on potential. That being said, I think she would be perfect for UConn ! She would have the luxury of being brought along at her own pace. With her athletic ability, Geno's coaching, and playing against the best everyday in practice, I think there is little doubt that she would be a force by her junior year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She might be a project or a redshirt prospect, buy Geno really liked what Britney Griner added to Team USA. In addition to Britney, think about another Nigerian immigrant who learned the game at a late age. He was known as The Dream.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
With the way UConn plays on offense I'm always leery of bringing in these super tall trees which is why it's odd to me that they're involved with this girl and Mulkey. I'd much, much rather get Cox or, failing that, go after Kushkituah in '17.

Reaction Score
With the way UConn plays on offense I'm always leery of bringing in these super tall trees which is why it's odd to me that they're involved with this girl and Mulkey. I'd much, much rather get Cox or, failing that, go after Kushkituah in '17.

I think Geno would love to get Cox or Holmes but it's a two way street. The recruit has to want to come to UConn too. It's been rumored that both Holmes and Cox want to stay in Texas. That's probably why the push for McCoy from the 2016 class (and that she's really,really good), she is probably more likely to leave her home state.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I think Geno would love to get Cox or Holmes but it's a two way street. The recruit has to want to come to UConn too. It's been rumored that both Holmes and Cox want to stay in Texas. That's probably why the push for McCoy from the 2016 class (and that she's really,really good), she is probably more likely to leave her home state.

They've been in on McCoy for more than a year so I don't think the other two have a bearing on their interest in her. Holmes strikes me as a bit redundant with Collier and Boykin on the roster, and Cox or McCoy would have two years with Butler so I'm not sure how that would work either. I know Holmes intimated that she'd like to stay close to home but would be willing to leave Texas. I haven't heard anything about Cox outside of speculation from fans, but I seem to be about the only one who hasn't thrown in the towel on her.

Reaction Score
They've been in on McCoy for more than a year so I don't think the other two have a bearing on their interest in her. Holmes strikes me as a bit redundant with Collier and Boykin on the roster, and Cox or McCoy would have two years with Butler so I'm not sure how that would work either. I know Holmes intimated that she'd like to stay close to home but would be willing to leave Texas. I haven't heard anything about Cox outside of speculation from fans, but I seem to be about the only one who hasn't thrown in the towel on her.

Interesting. So you see Collier/Boykin playing the 4 next year with KLS the 3 ? If we don't sign a"big" in the 2016 class, that would mean that Butler would be the only size on the team that year other than Tuck.
Don't give up the ship. Boneyarders would be doing handstands in Geno's office if, somehow, he could convince Cox to come to Storrs.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Interesting. So you see Collier/Boykin playing the 4 next year with KLS the 3 ? If we don't sign a"big" in the 2016 class, that would mean that Butler would be the only size on the team that year other than Tuck.
Don't give up the ship. Boneyarders would be doing handstands in Geno's office if, somehow, he could convince Cox to come to Storrs.

I think Collier can play any frontcourt position, even center against smaller opposition. I don't know if she'll get to start as a freshmen if Tuck is healthy even though I think she's going to be an impact player immediately. I can't see Boykin getting much time her first year with all the talent around her.

Tuck, Collier, and Boykin are all about the same height and all have inside game to one extent or another. The three of them and Butler should be able to hold the fort in '15 and '16. That said, Cox is my #1 wish and I like McCoy and perhaps Kushkituah if they miss on both of them.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Do you think Cox could pretty much slide into Stewie's just-vacated slot in 2016 w/o a huge falloff?

There'd be some falloff because Stewart will likely be amazing by her senior year. That said, I think Cox is a potential superstar. Her mobility and passing skills are a perfect match for UConn's style. McCoy's got great scoring potential, but Cox is a notch better in every other facet, imo. And that's a testament to Cox, not a knock on McCoy.

Reaction Score
Cue all the posters who say they don't want her dunking at UCONN. Or that Geno doesn't want it. Or whatever.
My guess is the past discouragement on dunking had mostly to do with the lack of ability to dunk consistently under game conditions. A player with big enough hands and leaping ability who can complete a high percentage of dunks would be welcome. Felicia may be the person to legitimize the dunk in college women's basketball. I'm remembering Griner to be very thin as a freshman. Felicia is already more physically developed than Brittney was coming into college.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She might be a project or a redshirt prospect, buy Geno really liked what Britney Griner added to Team USA. In addition to Britney, think about another Nigerian immigrant who learned the game at a late age. He was known as The Dream.
Speaking of The Dream, did he have any daughters? What are they up to?

(google, google, google)

Well what do you know? (Learn something new everyday.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abi_Olajuwon

Reaction Score
Not sure I would choose Swahili to address a Nigerian.

PAP: that was as close as I could get! :D ( As a kid, I had a book entitled "Jambo." ) Am guessing this gal speaks about five languages anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom