Annual True/False & why thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Annual True/False & why thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice thread, but there's only one true false question I'll answer.

Will Uconn win its 534th national title.

YES!!!!!'

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Nice thread, but there's only one true false question I'll answer.

Will Uconn win its 534th national title.

YES!!!!!'
There's only one true false question, and the answer my friends, is yes. :)

Reaction Score
1. Jalen Adams averages more points per game than Kemba did his Freshman year? (KW ave 8.9 & played 25.2 min a gm)
FALSE - This team isn't deeper than 09, but it has more natural scorers, I think. Dyson and Adrien could each get theirs, but Dyson went down and Adrien needed to get fed in the post; AJ was coming off an injury. Purvis, Gibbs, and Hamilton will, I think, score readily and with some ease. I also expect Brimah's averages to go up, and to see way more scoring from the 4 (Miller).

2. Daniel Hamilton has 3 or more 30 point games this year?
FALSE No one will, but if this were Purvis instead I might have to think more about it.

3. Shonn Miller maintains his Top 10 status for best defensive rebounders in the country?
FALSE I think he'll be really good, but it's a step up for him competitively

4. Phil Nolan logs more minutes playing this year than both Facey and/or Enoch?
FALSE This was a tough one. I think we'll see Facey a decent amount though, and if Brimah is out of foul trouble, little Nolan

5. Rodney Purvis averages more points per game than Sterling Gibbs?
TRUE I've been clear in my sense that Purvis is going to break out, so I'll stick with that here.

6. Amida Brimah eclipses Hasheem's junior year block party w/ 152 swats for the year?
FALSE That's a tough one to break past. I do think we'll see all around improvement, but that's a bridge too far, I'd think.

7. UConn leads the conference in points scored a game?
FALSE No good reason. We just haven't played at a fast enough pace for me to take this step, even if I think they're a talented offensive team.

8. UConn will get a 4 seed or better on Selection Sunday?
TRUE If they perform well in OOC, and then don't have more than one loss, I think they'll be a 3 or 4.

9. Sam Cassell makes more 3 pointers this year than Omar Calhoun?
FALSE This is a tough one, and merely a guess.

10. The 2nd leading rebounder on the team is Daniel Hamilton based on his average per game.
FALSE This is perhaps aspirational. I think Miller leads the team and Brimah improves his rebounding to be second on the team.

11. Gibbs will be top 25 in the country with Assits ave per game?
FALSE He'll be over 4 per game, maybe near 5, but to get to the mid-5s (where #25 was last year) is tough.

12. Ollie wins coach of the year in the AAC?
FALSE Mostly just a guess. I'd echo others and say he better not lose a game, or only one, if he wanted to win that.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The seasons getting close. Here's a few topics on my mind. Answer True/False & why. Interested to hear some opinions.

1. Jalen Adams averages more points per game than Kemba did his Freshman year? (KW ave 8.9 & played 25.2 min a gm)False. Jalen is a talent and certainly can put it in the hole, but look for him to defer to older scorers on the team.

2. Daniel Hamilton has 3 or more 30 point games this year? False. I don't see it. For him to do that he's have to be the only hot hand in 3 or more games. Unlikely.

3. Shonn Miller maintains his Top 10 status for best defensive rebounders in the country? True. I think this kid is the real deal, although the competition will be tougher.

4. Phil Nolan logs more minutes playing this year than both Facey and/or Enoch? I assume you mean either Facey or Enoch, so I'll say True. This is tough, Phil was stapled to the floor last year but I think that was due to injury. He's a big body that can help us bang. (If you mean combined, then I'd say false.)

5. Rodney Purvis averages more points per game than Sterling Gibbs? I don't know but I'll say True because that would be huge for us.

6. Amida Brimah eclipses Hasheem's junior year block party w/ 152 swats for the year?
Note- HT was Co Big East Player of the Year, as a Junior.
He averaged 13.6 & 10.8. False. Brimah's a big kid with good timing but I don't think he's there yet. Would love to be wrong, of course.

7. UConn leads the conference in points scored a game? False. At our heart we still our are a defensive team. We'll put up plenty of points but one or more will top us. Now if you are talking margin, that might be a different answer.

8. UConn will get a 4 seed or better on Selecton Sunday? False, AAC lack of respect will cost us.

9. Sam Cassell makes more 3 pointers this year than Omar Calhoun? Good question. I'll go with false, just because I want Omar to find his stroke an fall into an instant offense roll.

10. The 2nd leading rebounder on the team is Daniel Hamilton based on his average per game. True, the kid has hops and nose for the ball.

11. Gibbs will be top 25 in the country with Assits ave per game? Hah, False because there's no such statistic as Assits.

12. Ollie wins coach of the year in the AAC? False. I don't get the sense that there's a lot of love for UConn among the other schools.

Reaction Score
1. Jalen Adams averages more points per game than Kemba did his Freshman year? (KW ave 8.9 & played 25.2 min a gm) FALSE - Jalen finishes right around 8 ppg
2. Daniel Hamilton has 3 or more 30 point games this year? FALSE - Maybe tops 30 in a game or two but wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't hit it at all
3. Shonn Miller maintains his Top 10 status for best defensive rebounders in the country? TRUE - Brimah goes for blocks and Shonn grabs the misses
4. Phil Nolan logs more minutes playing this year than both Facey and/or Enoch? TRUE - More minutes available at the position
5. Rodney Purvis averages more points per game than Sterling Gibbs? FALSE - Hardest question so far but Gibbs is a score first PG. Expect the two to end up very close in PPG
Note- HT was Co Big East Player of the Year, as a Junior. He averaged 13.6 & 10.8. FALSE - 152 is going to last for quite a long time. Brimah ends up in the 130s
7. UConn leads the conference in points scored a game? FALSE - I expect SMU to lead the conference in PPG
8. UConn will get a 4 seed or better on Selecton Sunday? TRUE - A 4 seed sounds about right
9. Sam Cassell makes more 3 pointers this year than Omar Calhoun? FALSE - Omar should have a small role as a spot up shooter which is a need for us
10. The 2nd leading rebounder on the team is Daniel Hamilton based on his average per game. TRUE - DH is all over the floor and eats up boards
11. Gibbs will be top 25 in the country with Assits ave per game? FALSE - Score first PG
12. Ollie wins coach of the year in the AAC? FALSE - Snubbed for Cronin

Reaction Score
1. Jalen Adams averages more points per game than Kemba did his Freshman year? (KW ave 8.9 & played 25.2 min a gm)

True - I think Purvis, Hamilton, Gibbs and JA all average double figure points this year

False - He'll cross 30 but i cant see him doing it 3 times

3. Shonn Miller maintains his Top 10 status for best defensive rebounders in the country?
False - Hopeful that Brimah grabs a couple more this year and Daniel has such a nose for the ball it may limit Miller's number but not for a lack of trying
False - I've given up on Phil and I hope KO has too.

True - he's a bull in a china shop and his points arent the prettiest but he can pour it in.
He averaged 13.6 & 10.8.
True - Record year from Brimah in blocks. The rest of his game isn't there yet.
False - this team will get up and down but I think at the end of the day defense will still need to define us as a team and thus not need to light the world on fire offensively.
8. UConn will get a 4 seed or better on Selecton Sunday?
False - I'm optimistic but 4 is too low
False - I don't see where SCJR fits in here, neither do I see Omar, but i'll side with the senior.
10. The 2nd leading rebounder on the team is Daniel Hamilton based on his average per game.
True - simply a product of him being on the floor more minutes than Shonn
False - 3 guard lineup at times with guys that take it to the rack better than catch and shoot.
False - They'll give it to one of the surprise bottom feeders

Reaction Score
I'm going with true, but not by much. I think he's going to explode in a couple of games that will skew his average.

False. He's just not that type of explosive scorer.

False. He will lead the team, but his rebounding stats were inflated a bit by the competition.

True. It's possible that Facey takes a huge leap or Enoch develops more quickly that we anticipate, but the safe bet is on Nolan getting the majority of the backup minutes at the 5.

False. Purvis is too inconsistent, and won't have the ball in his hands at the end of games.

He averaged 13.6 & 10.8.
False, but not by much.

False. That just doesn't seem to be Ollie's MO in terms of an offensive system.

False. I have us ticketed for a 5.

False. Cassell is not going to be a high % shooter, and won't get enough shots to get there on volume. I think Calhoun shoots 38-40% this year.

True, as much as I hope it will be Brimah I don't think he'll get there.

Tough call, but I will go with false by a nose.

False. I think the conference coaches know that we're going to be pretty good, and this award is generally reserved for a "surprise" team.

Reaction Score
This totally depends on how well Purvis plays. If Purvis is the team's leading scorer this is false, if not this is probably true. I'll go with TRUE.

FALSE. Team is too multifaceted , Hamilton's 3 point shooting too inconsistent.

TRUE, as many have said, AB for the block and Miller with the rebound.

TRUE. Phil get's AB backup minutes, less whatever Miller plays at the 5. Facey gets Millers backup minutes, less Hamilton at the 4. This is a learning year for Enoch. Miller gets more minutes than AB due to penalties, thus Phil get's the most backup minutes.

FALSE, Gibbs is too good a 3 point shooter, and he will have the ball in his hands when the clock winds down.

He averaged 13.6 & 10.8.
FALSE. Everyone forgets just how overpowering Thabeet was as a defensive force. I love me some AB, but I think that Thabeet's records are safe.

FALSE. KO is too defensive minded, their pace will be too slow to lead the conference in points. Point differential is another story, and I do see them leading the conference there.

TRUE. "or better" is more true.

TRUE. Omar has been hurt in each of his 3 years with Uconn, Cassel's only been hurt once in his career. You have to be on the court to hit a three.

TRUE. Hamilton has the knack and rebounders always rebound.

FALSE. Team is too multidimensional for anyone to pile up huge individual stats.

FALSE. The leprechaun gets the "coming back from an illness" edge in the voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom