Announcers | The Boneyard

Announcers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With about 10 minutes left the announcers asked if UConn would be able to hold up for the rest of the game with the starters playing so many minutes. Well, Notre Dame's bench only played 2 players for a total of 15 minutes. UConn's bench played 3 players for a total of 41 minutes. Besides only one of these programs could win 5 games in 5 nights. What's ten minutes of a forty minute game?

Reaction Score
I saw that too and was surprised. ND only went 7 deep and as you said only 15 bench min. Before the game Digger said ND was a legit Final Four team. Id say they have as much of a chance at the Final Four as we do.....

Reaction Score
Yea that was a dumb comment, not sure which member of the horde made note of it but during their pregame notes they said ND only goes 7 deep and Brey typically always has a short rotation.

Reaction Score
I saw that too and was surprised. ND only went 7 deep and as you said only 15 bench min. Before the game Digger said ND was a legit Final Four team. Id say they have as much of a chance at the Final Four as we do.....
Only slightly better as they could get picked for an at-large (to make up for their football loss probably).

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Somebody needs to punch Digger in the throat. Hey dope, they fired your ass, no need to suck up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
When's the last time Notre Dame was a legitimate Final Four contender? Have they ever been a 2 seed?

Reaction Score
I do think that Alphonso Ellis is very good.

Overall, he was very good. A thousand times better than Jay Williams, who is getting way too much air time because of Hubert Davis and Gottlieb leaving ESPN.

Reaction Score
When's the last time Notre Dame was a legitimate Final Four contender? Have they ever been a 2 seed?

Maybe when David Rivers was playing??

ND gets the media attention, even in bb, because they are Notre Dame, but it's crazy to think that since they joined the BE (17 years ago), they have only gone to the sweet 16 one time, have never even made it to the BET championship game, and have only one shared big east reg. season title.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
it's LaPhonso Ellis, ND grad. Could have been a bigger homer, so I have to give him that.

I've liked Ellis for this whole season, not just today. He's knowledgeable, eloquent and not a homer at all. You can also tell he loves Ollie and the way UCONN plays. The only thing I didn't like today was mention of Boatright's family being there as a reason why he played a little tight in the first half. They said it several times and I missed the first eight minutes of the game. It may have been true during that particular part of the game but they beat it to death. I didn't see him having any trouble with that after halftime, if he ever did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom