Andy Katz posgame interview with AO | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andy Katz posgame interview with AO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Yeah I get it now ........sorry I have no idea what I was thinking all along. After reading this whole thread I have come to the realization I want Shabazz to throw it in to Alex more often because we need to play inside-out.......I mean winning isn't everything so why not get the ball to a guy who's shooting percentage is pretty good because most of the time he can't handle a pass and loses it to the other team? What was I thinking about when I was seriously considering it better for our PG to take "bad" shots at a 50% rate when we can watch this guy throw a left handed prayer up or dribble it off his leg? Thank God for the Boneyard I am becoming educated!!!:confused:

About time, too!!! See, Shabazz will be Kemba in crunch time, Marcus Williams in the half-court, AJ making entry passes and kissing it off the glass, and Khalid when we need a savvy PG with balls of steel. That is all I expect, not one thing more (so as to not be unreasonable).

Reaction Score
Why can't you compare Bazz to Kemba? Nobody expects Bazz to be as good, but people forget how out of control Kemba was at times during his sophmore season (especially the early part).

For some reason people are suddenly uncomfortable with a UConn PG taking a lot of shots. Calhoun has always run a system where the PG has free reign to shoot the ball, whether it be Khalid, Marcus, AJ, or Kemba. We would like him to be a little more Marcus and a little less Kemba, but we can't forget that he's the 2nd or 3rd best scorer on this team right now, so we do need him to shoot.

I've said all along that I'd like the guards to feed the post more. Oriakhi and Drummond aren't the best in there, but the only way for them to get better is to get the ball. Our guards are always going to be the focal points of the offense, but I think it's important to at least have some semblance of a low post game.

I'm not completely disagreeing with you either. Your right that hes the 2nd or 3rd best scorer on this team.

What i'm saying is that hes also the 1st or 2nd best play maker on this team. He and RB and Lamb to a lesser extent are the only players currently who can create for others. To get the best out of players like RS, DD, AO, AD, TO we need Bazz to be a play maker first and a scorer second imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom