And we're off! Maggie Dixon Ticket Gathering - Jan 4 @ MSG | The Boneyard

And we're off! Maggie Dixon Ticket Gathering - Jan 4 @ MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Hail all -

I've already had requests, so I've opened up my excel sheet and I'm checking it twice. Don't know the price. My contact at the Garden will be seeing if there are any discounts -- but we certainly ought to get a group discount. :) Last year, I put in the order mid-September.

The drill: If you are interested in tickets, email me a womenshoopsblog @ gmail.com. Include:

Name
Address
Number of Tickets

As soon as I put your request in the lovely excel, I'll drop you an email so you know it's in.

Let's see if we can break 140!!

TJI

The Skinny:

In the past, I've offered to purchase tickets for folks. It's on the honor system. The steps:

I put out an initial "Who want's tickets" call via the board and ask that folks email me with Name, # of Tickets and Address.

I put out a "last call" post and send out a "Please confirm" email.

Meanwhile, I'm talking to my contact at the Garden. (Assuming she's still there) She has been able to get us great seats at a group rate. ($40ish, IIRC?). When the tickets are available for purchase and printing, I snag 'em from the Garden.

You can't ask for a specific seat, but I to take some requests -- and when possible I try and group folks. I "seat" on a first come first row seated bases.

I then mail out the tix.

When people get the tix, folks either send me a check or give me cash at the game (which is pretty hysterical. I feel like an over-priced valet. :))

I do the "when they get the tix, send me money" because I want to set folks at ease about this maybe being a scam. It ain't. This will be the.. fourth? Fifth? year we've done this. BUT, tix sometimes get lost in the mail and that can get awkward. (I do try and keep track of who gets what just in case). Some folks send money before they get the tix, some send money after the game. It makes no matter.

Finally - even if you have to "drop" a person out of, say, a 3 person request, I've been fortunate enough to find a taker or two -- I keep a wait list.

SO - keep an eye out!

TJI

Reaction Score
I'll take two.
I tried to send to your gmail and it did not work so, I sent a reply to your email. I hope you get it.

Thank you.

sTu

Reaction Score
If you are using copy and paste, eliminate the spaces before and after "@"

Reaction Score
Thank you, thank you, thank you! We had a blast last year, looking forward to a visit to the city again!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
bump - come on ya slow pokes! We're already up to 74! Halfway to breaking 140

Reaction Score
Just saw post. Sent you an email.with all the info. Had a great time last year!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
105! And FOUR states. (Massachusetts, where you at???!!!!)

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Oh, sorry, MA, you're right there in my excel.... Um. VERMONT! Where you at!!! (Texas was here last year....hint, hint)

Reaction Score
TJI, i sent you an email, im going to need another 1, so a total of 5 please

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
We've blown past 125, and last year's record of 140 is only 8 away. AND we've added a new state! (Hello, land of the Blue Hens!)

Also - I've tried my best to update/read emails and send out a confirmation the night you sent your email. If you have NOT gotten a "Gotcha", feel free to double check me.

Remember - you can add as many tix as you want since I can't purchase them until they're in the MSG system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom