And That's Another UConn 1st Down | The Boneyard

And That's Another UConn 1st Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I just got back from a vacation in Iceland (great, fun place). We get on a day tour bus there and on walks a guy with a UConn hat (mine was staying dry in the room). So we start talking - some of you might know him, but his name slips my mind - and it turns out he was an active member of the UConn Club. Then he told me that he was the guy who suggested that the PA announcer do the "and that's another UConn 1st down" thing after having heard it done at ACC games. I did mention that I hoped that someday we could hear the announcement "and that's another UConn score," several times a game. Anyway, small world as I've discovered on many faraway trips.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
"Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky"

On a related note, if you want a "Mr Happy Go Lucky" PR guy, take in a UConn hockey game at XL. By the end of the game, you will think that the Pope is our PR guy at hockey games.

Reaction Score
Years ago, Palatine told the story of "another first down" from the NC State game where DanO threw the pick 6 to the LB. I wonder if you were talking to @Palatine in Iceland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom