And another article, this one about Boat | The Boneyard

And another article, this one about Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-boatright-maturity-keys-uconns-defensive-run

Some key quotes:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"My freshman year, it was tough," Boatright said on Sunday afternoon. "I was used to having the ball all the time and making plays, and scoring the ball. Naturally as a kid, I was immature. You come in and you think it's all about you. I grew up and, Shabazz will tell you, he wasn't the best leader at that time. He had some stuff he had to work on. We bumped heads a lot. Both of us being from inner cities, and being tough guys, we ain't back down to each other. We had some rough practices."
[...]
"I knew Ryan was going to be an effective defender three years ago," head coach Kevin Ollie said. "It's nothing new to me. We wanted him to be more consistent with it and I think he's starting to do that, and just affect the game in so many different ways. He had to mature as a young man and a basketball player. It's not all about scoring. He can impact the game in so many ways and he's starting to do that at the highest stage."
[...]
"He's been playing more of a point guard role and being a defensive stopper," sophomore Omar Calhoun said. "He's doing a great job of basically leading on defense, not necessarily on offense, because Shabazz is the key on offense. But on defense, he's a big part of us getting stops and stuff like that."
[...]

And, perhaps the best:
On Saturday night, he watched Aaron Harrison hit his second straight winning shot in the final seconds.

"He hit the same shot at the same time from the same spot," Boatright said. "I would have known what to do.

"I wouldn't have let him get that shot off."

Reaction Score
I'll never understand what that Wisky guy was thinking. Up 2 and you back off him? I don't care how deep it was, he had it measured. Get in his shirt - if he beats you off the dribble for a 2, you go OT. Different if you're up 1 or tied, but up 2, that's how you lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom