An interesting article about how we almost lost to St. Joe's | Page 2 | The Boneyard

An interesting article about how we almost lost to St. Joe's

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Norlander tried to paint it as UConn coming into the tourney as a sputtering team. I know the national media isn't following the team all that closely like that but both losses were to Louisville, and anybody with eyes can see this group is spooked by them. In b/w those losses to Louisville were a blowout victory over Memphis on their home court and a win against Cincy where UConn controlled the majority of the 2nd half. Based on those two efforts I was feeling really good about this team coming into the tourney.

Agreed. Entering the Tourny, there was only team that terrified me: Louisville. (Even now, with us playing our best ball all year, I'm not sure if we'd beat them. I think so, though.) Then again, I'd be a liar if I said I saw this coming. We were playing well but we had been inconsistent for most of the season.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Agreed. Entering the Tourny, there was only team that terrified me: Louisville. (Even now, with us playing our best ball all year, I'm not sure if we'd beat them. I think so, though.) Then again, I'd be a liar if I said I saw this coming. We were playing well but we had been inconsistent for most of the season.

A lot of different pieces came together at the right time. Daniels and Bazz got healthy. Daniels figured out how to get angry/aggressive. KO stopped playing Omar (not a knock on the kid, but this just isn't his year), which allowed the emergence, maturation and production of Samuel. Phil Nolan finally figured out his role with regards to team defense. Amida Brimah has developed steadily over the course of the year. Boatright finally figured out how to sublimate himself in favor of bettering the team, and essentially perform as the lead point guard; additionally, his defense has been unreal (and focused), something which lacked at times when he wanted to be the focal point. The team is playing with a collective chip on their shoulder, junkyard dog style. KO's growth as an in game coach has been steady, and as a result, he's outcoached many of the best in college basketball. Win or lose (doomed), I expect him to out coach Calipari as well.

KO and crew have to be given a lot of credit for brewing this stew til the end of the year.

We are dooooomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom