Amida, starting center? | The Boneyard

Amida, starting center?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know it's just an exhibition against Southern but Amida looked great. He's by far our best shot blocker, runs the floor like a gazelle, has a constant motor and even looked smooth on some jump hooks. It's hard to gather much against an opponent like Southern but Amida looks to already be a very good player and his upside is huge. He is clearly thin but he doesn't really seem to get pushed around at all, has great aggressiveness and wiry strength. there will be some growing pains with him like any freshman but he's way less of a project then I thought he would be. I think he plays big minutes from the start and the rewards could be huge later in the season.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I know it's just an exhibition against Southern but Amida looked great. He's by far our best shot blocker, runs the floor like a gazelle, has a constant motor and even looked smooth on some jump hooks. It's hard to gather much against an opponent like Southern but Amida looks to already be a very good player and his upside is huge. He is clearly thin but he doesn't really seem to get pushed around at all, has great aggressiveness and wiry strength. there will be some growing pains with him like any freshman but he's way less of a project then I thought he would be. I think he plays big minutes from the start and the rewards could be huge later in the season.

In another thread I mentioned that I thought he already looked like our best center in the practice last Saturday. It's hard to tell if he will be able to be effective against some bigger opponents, but he does impact the game. I hope that he and Phil become the center by committee, causing each other to get better and better.

Reaction Score
If TO is not our starting center - we r making progress.

Reaction Score
I think at this point he'd be most effective in 5 minute or so bursts.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, I live what Amida showed tonight, but I'll be shocked if he plays nearly as well against Maryland.

Even if I'm right, he's still going to be valuable to this team off the bench.

Reaction Score
AB will still have a height/ length advantage against all competition this year, so I think his shot blocking in this game will translate to better competition. Someone like Nolan will see his advantages go away once the competition is a couple inches taller.

Reaction Score
He will crush Maryland like peanuts on pad Thai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom