Amid all the speculation, projections, player comparisons, | The Boneyard

Amid all the speculation, projections, player comparisons,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
discussion, debate and argumentive confrontation, there is ONE THING that everybody on the Boneyard can agree on:

Lauren Cox has captured the attention of the Boneyard faithful.:)

So let's agree to agree.

Reaction Score
Lauren Cox is going to be an incredible basketball player. She's athletic, runs the floor extremely well, can handle the ball as shown by her full court handling of the ball during on sequence during the U17 tournament, she can rebound, block shots and knows how to post up low. All she needs is a mid range jump shot. Let me just say for the people criticizing Katie Lou Samuelson: you are not true fans. She is a young woman, with a world of talent, who will be a special player, one of the best UConn has seen. She has already stated that the weakest part of her game is defense, that she needs to improve her ball handling and she needs to get stronger. She easily could have followed her sisters to Stanford, had a stellar career and been drafted by the WNBA. However, if you listened to her interview after visiting UConn, she said it was at another level from high school, way beyond anything she had experienced. She wants to be great, and Katie Lou will be great. As Geno has said, most high school players don't know how to play defense. Katie Lou will learn from the best: Geno, CD, Marissa and Shea. We have a lot to look forward to with this talented young woman. To all the naysayers, you will be proven wrong.

Reaction Score
With the right coach she could be like another played named Luaren who wears number 15. There's a poster over on rebkells who said she will need to be pushed a little in college to be the player she can be, I posted this video before
Looks like she could be a baby Stewie.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In that highlight video Cox is shown running the floor like a gazelle, making two great bounce passes off the dribble, hounding a smaller player into a turnover out at the 3-pt line, and flying out to the 3-pt line, arm extended, to make a block.

If only someone said she could do those types of things. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"All she needs is a mid range jump shot. Let me just say for the people criticizing Katie Lou Samuelson: you are not true fans"

I have not seen people criticizing Samuelson as much as analyzing her game and seeing where she might have to improve. Given that she is just a high schooler, with not one minute minute of college playing time under her belt, this seems reasonable to me.

Sorry, but predicting the future and then criticizing those who aren't sure how things will come out seems just a bit over the top to me.

Reaction Score
The bottom line is we are happy and lucky to have gotten Katie Lou, who I think is going to do fantastic thing at UCONN.

We would also be very lucky to get Lauren Cox. I don't know who to compare her to, and I don't know if we should. She is so young, but the things she does now clearly validates her # 1 ranking. I have to say it has been a long time since I have seen a true 5 as fundamentally sound as she is. (Didn't see BG in high school)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
How's the recup coming along, Slimmer?

Reaction Score
In that highlight video Cox is shown running the floor like a gazelle, making two great bounce passes off the dribble, hounding a smaller player into a turnover out at the 3-pt line, and flying out to the 3-pt line, arm extended, to make a block.

If only someone said she could do those types of things. :cool:

I don't see what you are seeing. That was not an athletic team she was going against. Charde Houston broke Cheryl Miller's records. She must have looked spectacular in high school too in a way she was- but not Cheryl Miller, right? I expect Lauren Cox to be fantastic. Super. But super as a center and can play top-tier pf's that don't have big outside games. I love this player. She looks like she's is going to be a huge star. I just don't see her with the attributes you do-- though I've only seen her once. I'll say again she looks like she is going to be a huge huge star. Any team that gets her will be extremely lucky to have her. Great player. Great instincts. Great feel for the game - and I do reserve the right to change my mind!!!! Total package for a 5 that can play some 4. Each year there will be a progression. Superb player.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I don't see what you are seeing. That was not an athletic team she was going against. Charde Houston broke Cheryl Miller's records. She must have looked spectacular in high school too in a way she was- but not Cheryl Miller, right? I expect Lauren Cox to be fantastic. Super. But super as a center and can play top-tier pf's that don't have big outside games. I love this player. She looks like she's is going to be a huge star. I just don't see her with the attributes you do-- though I've only seen her once. I'll say again she looks like she is going to be a huge huge star. Any team that gets her will be extremely lucky to have her. Great player. Great instincts. Great feel for the game - and I do reserve the right to change my mind!!!! Total package for a 5 that can play some 4. Each year there will be a progression. Superb player.

Good and fair analysis of Cox.

One exception.

You used the adjective "huge" to modify the noun "star" three times. Which is ok.

But here on the 'Yard, we are accustomed to GenoSpeak and the only adjective that counts is "really." Had you relied on His inimitable style and said something like, "I expect Cox to be really, really good," you would have been taken much more seriously here.:rolleyes:

An alternative approach. You might have simply agreed with that other poster by saying that Cox appears to have the Heart of a Champion.;)

[all in fun.]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member