American preview of UConn | The Boneyard

American preview of UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice post...

Was impressed with how Silver broke down RB Ron Johnson... with that said, I think that kid needs a nickname... I got a nice old school hip hop one for him... Big Poppa.... when he finished those runs into the end zone in the highlights he just looked so Big crossing that goalline... If the shoe fits... I think that should be his nickname going forward.. So when he goes for a big run or scores a TD the DJ can play a snippet of Biggie's song "Big Poppa" ( I love it when they call me Big Poppa - throw yo hands in the air if you's a true player)....

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
This must have been recorded awhile ago. No mention of Garrett Anderson's potential impact, even by Silver when asked about the QB position.

Reaction Score
This must have been recorded awhile ago. No mention of Garrett Anderson's potential impact, even by Silver when asked about the QB position.
You got a point there bro...

Reaction Score
Nice post...

Was impressed with how Silver broke down RB Ron Johnson... with that said, I think that kid needs a nickname... I got a nice old school hip hop one for him... Big Poppa.... when he finished those runs into the end zone in the highlights he just looked so Big crossing that goalline... If the shoe fits... I think that should be his nickname going forward.. So when he goes for a big run or scores a TD the DJ can play a snippet of Biggie's song "Big Poppa" ( I love it when they call me Big Poppa - throw yo hands in the air if you's a true player)....
With a name like that, I hope he gets married quick to get himself under control.

Reaction Score
You got a point there bro...

He was responding to a question about Bryant vs. Tim.

Now, I want every kid here to succeed. But do we really believe a kid who could not start last year at something called Laney is going to come here and start? IMO, this is between Timmy B and Bryant S. And IMO, the staff would love to regain a RS for TB. I'd expect Anderson to battle Tyler for clipboard versus hand signals.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Now, I want every kid here to succeed. But do we really believe a kid who could not start last year at something called Laney is going to come here and start? IMO, this is between Timmy B and Bryant S. And IMO, the staff would love to regain a RS for TB. I'd expect Anderson to battle Tyler for clipboard versus hand signals.
Do we really want to believe in a kid who could not stay on the field for but a few plays/game or at a school where the staff wanted a quarterback to play fullback instead (i.e. going from the most visible position to the most invisible position on the offense)? That knife cuts both ways.

Reaction Score
Do we really want to believe in a kid who could not stay on the field for but a few plays/game or at a school where the staff wanted a quarterback to play fullback instead (i.e. going from the most visible position to the most invisible position on the offense)? That knife cuts both ways.

If Shirrefs cannot play we are effed.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If Shirrefs cannot play we are effed.
I don't disagree (though I don't necessarily agree either). I was just commenting on the potential discounting of a particular player's abilities when his competition is in substantially the same situation. Boyle could not beat out Whitmer and Shirreffs' coaches at N.C. State wanted him to switch positions.

Reaction Score

I know he was gioff23... and as for our QB situation, I just hope somebody not named Tim Boyle steps up and takes control of this offense and leads us... I know Tim's a CT guy and all but if he still needs a redshirt to get it together, at this point in his career, then he's not our guy...

Reaction Score
Anderson was brought in as insurance in case Sherrifs doesn't pan out. And no nobody is STILL looking to redshirt Boyle. I have a feeling that the staff is still trying to bridge to the frosh from LI next year. I hope they don't waste another year to get there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom