American Athletic Conference could be headed to Dallas/Fort Worth | The Boneyard

American Athletic Conference could be headed to Dallas/Fort Worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If UConn were to exit the conference, the Providence location would look even sillier than it does now. I think it may indicate a Western expansion for the conference if CR starts up again. It also puts the AAC in a better position to pick up pieces from a B12 implosion. If they were in the geographic center of the current conference, they would be on an island, totally out the loop. Being in the same building as the College Football Playoffs can't hurt.

Reaction Score
If UConn were to exit the conference, the Providence location would look even sillier than it does now. I think it may indicate a Western expansion for the conference if CR starts up again. It also puts the AAC in a better position to pick up pieces from a B12 implosion. If they were in the geographic center of the current conference, they would be on an island, totally out the loop. Being in the same building as the College Football Playoffs can't hurt.

Good points

Reaction Score
I doubt that where a conference has their headquarters/office will affect anything in regards to conference realignment. I also think it is silly that being near the CF playoff headquarters will mean anything like it was suggested in that article.

Reaction Score
I doubt that where a conference has their headquarters/office will affect anything in regards to conference realignment. I also think it is silly that being near the CF playoff headquarters will mean anything like it was suggested in that article.

The location itself isn't going to drive change. . .it's really about envisioning where your future membership might come from. Also, proximity can aid in getting deals done. I suspect they get very few surprise visitors in Providence.

pj

Reaction Score
You want an airport hub with easy flights to all the member universities. That means Atlanta or Dallas. There is an AAC school (SMU) in Dallas, and Houston, Tulsa, Tulane/New Orleans, Memphis, UCF/Orlando, USF/Tampa, Navy/BWI, Cincinnati, Temple/Philly all have non-stop flights from Dallas. No place has easy access to ECU (although Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, and Virginia Beach/Norfolk are all close), and UConn is on its way out. Hard to think of a better HQ site than Dallas.

Reaction Score
The AAC also announced they'e contracted with a firm that will fly a clambake into Dallas for media day, thereby eliminating the last objection to moving from RI.

Only if they're lathered in BBQ sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA