Amari | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Amari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In our last year in the ACC, our team was a bunch of New York City Catholics who drank as much as Coach McGuire. A brawl erupted and one of our players held Lefty while another punched him out. No suspension or anything back in 72-73.

ACC hated us for leaving but that was the only brawl of the year. We went through the season undefeated but lost the ACC tourney championship game to NC State (ACC refs) . Thus, we didn’t qualify for the 16-team NCAA tournament.
Good you don’t hold a grudge…

Reaction Score
If it turns out to be true that she will be a Terp then she will have to compete for minutes against.... Saylor Poffenbarger.
Pretty nice fit for Saylor at Maryland. She should start if not, she would be a great fit for the 2nd unit but I believe she starts. If Amari goes to Maryland, that would be a great UConn reunion.

Reaction Score
Pretty nice fit for Saylor at Maryland. She should start if not, she would be a great fit for the 2nd unit but I believe she starts. If Amari goes to Maryland, that would be a great UConn reunion.
How much of a reunion would it really be? Didn't Saylor transfer shortly after her freshman season? Don't recall her being at UConn during her sophomore season, which would have been Amari's freshman year.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
How much of a reunion would it really be? Didn't Saylor transfer shortly after her freshman season? Don't recall her being at UConn during her sophomore season, which would have been Amari's freshman year.
Actually, Saylor transferred just before her freshman season. She was an early enroller the previous semester which didn't count towards her 4-year eligibility. Too bad, wrong decision as she would have ended up starting when all the injuries started to pile up. Seems so long ago.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In our last year in the ACC, our team was a bunch of New York City Catholics who drank as much as Coach McGuire. A brawl erupted and one of our players held Lefty while another punched him out. No suspension or anything back in 72-73
Ah, well those drunk New York City Catholics will get you every time... I guess.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Actually, Saylor transferred just before her freshman season. She was an early enroller the previous semester which didn't count towards her 4-year eligibility. Too bad, wrong decision as she would have ended up starting when all the injuries started to pile up. Seems so long ago.
Now I'm confused, however yeah, technically she didn't play in her true frosh season.

She joined UConn early, in January 2021 and played 12 games in her pre-frosh season - UConn Stats

And then announced her transfer in November, the day after UConn played Arkansas in the first game. She was listed as unavailable due to shin splints - UConn Blog and ESPN

Reaction Score
Thanks for confirming the timelines, but the eligibility comment has me confused. Didn't she play when she enrolled early? I thought she was considered part of the 2020 class which gives her the COVID year. Either way, she didn't really have much time with Amari which makes the reunion part odd to me.

Right or wrong decision is a separate topic but it doesn't matter now. She made the decision that she thought was best.

Reaction Score
Ah, well those drunk New York City Catholics will get you every time... I guess.
their behavior wouldn't be tolerated now by any decent program. They were in the bars every night and were hard drinkers and liked a good fight - in the bars or on the court. One wasn't a fighter - he was a stoner but was in a bar almost every night. Did their church have anything to do with it? Maybe not but alcohol seemed a way of life to them in the South that still espoused evangelicism and temperance (while not living it)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
their behavior wouldn't be tolerated now by any decent program. They were in the bars every night and were hard drinkers and liked a good fight - in the bars or on the court. One wasn't a fighter - he was a stoner but was in a bar almost every night. Did their church have anything to do with it? Maybe not but alcohol seemed a way of life to them in the South that still espoused evangelicism and temperance (while not living it)
I see.

Reaction Score

Ummm.... this took a wrong turn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01