Alternate uniforms | The Boneyard

Alternate uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love 'em. Think we should wear 'em all the time. Especially the facemasks. Those things really pop.

I was reading the Houston/UConn Game Thread on reddit.com/r/cfb and the top rated comment was a Houston fans saying "these uconn uniforms are fly ."

That's "fly as F" for those of you who aren't Internet nerds.

Reaction Score
Love 'em. Think we should wear 'em all the time. Especially the facemasks. Those things really pop.

I was reading the Houston/UConn Game Thread on reddit.com/r/cfb and the top rated comment was a Houston fans saying "these uconn uniforms are fly ."

That's "fly as F" for those of you who aren't Internet nerds.

The grays are pretty sweet. They probably can't wear the chrome face masks during day games because of the reflective surface, but they work in night games. The players seem to have more swagger in them.

...You're welcome for the slick uniforms, UConn.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They should be worn for all home night games and all away night games where the opponent wears their colors going forward.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I've bought into them. I like them more with blue long sleeve Under Amour. They most certainly shouldn't be the normal uniform. The whole point of an alternative uni is that it is a break from the norm. We should definitely wear them for the bowl.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Considering the grey color, is there a reason we can't wear them as road uniforms?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Considering the grey color, is there a reason we can't wear them as road uniforms?
Contrasting Colors
  • In addition to size requirements, the color of the numbers must contrast with the color of the rest of the jersey. Players of opposing teams wear different colored jerseys, with the visiting team usually wearing white jerseys. If either team wants to deviate from this general rule by wearing an alternate jersey, the two teams must agree in writing before the season starts. If both teams plan on wearing colored jerseys, the conference has to certify the teams' colors contrast and won't cause confusion.
This part is interesting. I wonder how that clause is worded. Maybe it's a "Reserve the Right..." type of thing. We didn't hear about the alternative uniforms until days before either the ECU or HU games. I would think it would have been leaked far before game day if the agreement is done prior to the season.

Reaction Score
Still would keep the blue & white unis as our main unis, but the grey alternates look great at home night games. Definitely seem to give the team some swagger.

Everything is better when we're winning. :D

Reaction Score
Still would keep the blue & white unis as our main unis, but the grey alternates look great at home night games. Definitely seem to give the team some swagger.

Everything is better when we're winning. :D

They could even mix and match and wear the gray pants with blue jerseys at home. Then they can go all gray for late home games or road games if consented.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
For what its worth, Saturday's game against Temple is at night (7:00 PM kickoff)... Those lids would look sick under the lights down in Philly!

Reaction Score
Funny thing....the only time I ever noticed what color the uniforms were was before and after the game.

Not once did I think, during the game, "those uniforms look awesome".

Just saying....

Reaction Score
Contrasting Colors
  • In addition to size requirements, the color of the numbers must contrast with the color of the rest of the jersey. Players of opposing teams wear different colored jerseys, with the visiting team usually wearing white jerseys. If either team wants to deviate from this general rule by wearing an alternate jersey, the two teams must agree in writing before the season starts. If both teams plan on wearing colored jerseys, the conference has to certify the teams' colors contrast and won't cause confusion.
This part is interesting. I wonder how that clause is worded. Maybe it's a "Reserve the Right..." type of thing. We didn't hear about the alternative uniforms until days before either the ECU or HU games. I would think it would have been leaked far before game day if the agreement is done prior to the season.

I don't think you are reading it right. At home, you can wear any color you want except white. On the road, you wear white. Deviation from that is by agreement and subject to conference approval. So if we wanted to wear gray at Temple, we would have had to ask them -- and obtained their approval -- preseason.

Reaction Score
Funny thing....the only time I ever noticed what color the uniforms were was before and after the game.

Not once did I think, during the game, "those uniforms look awesome".

Just saying....

I said it before, during, and after.

Just saying

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Contrasting Colors
I had the thought because many (35-40) years ago West Virginia had yellow (old gold as they call it) jerseys for occasional home (dark jersey) games and not long ago used similar jerseys as an alternative road uniform. The notification process may be the issue (as well as whether the numbers are dark or light) but the grey should be enough of a contrast to Temple's cherry red where we could pull them off as road uniforms.

Regardless, I think it's the kids wearing the uniforms, not the uniforms that deserve credit, just thought it was something the program should look into if the kids like the new look.

Reaction Score
I don't like 'em but we're 2-0 in them and I've always been a superstitious ba$tid when it comes to athletics. So I'd wear them until we lose in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom