Alternate arenas - yikes | The Boneyard

Alternate arenas - yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I have been working on my "schedule" list for the P5 WBB teams (plus AZ and RU opponents).

There are renovations going on at the Clemson arena and also at the WBB arena at NC State.

Clemson is going to play in their volleyball arena - 2000 seats, including their game against South Carolina.

NC State is playing in a high school gym, although it has 3000 seats, apparently. Including their game against North Carolina.

While I know these teams don't draw huge crowds, both alternates seem a bit small - for rivalry games, if nothing else.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Clemson men will be playing in nearby Greenville in a 15,000 seat arena. Thats way way way too big for the women. Actually its too big for the men's team... but thats a different story. NC State playing in a high school gym is a better alternative than playing in the 20,000 seat PNC arena. Plus with the men's team playing there along with the Carolina Hurricanes..... I doubt they have many open dates available anyway. Actually they will play their first two games at PNC.... one part of a doubleheader with the men's team. It will be worth it in the end..... they will be playing in one of the nicest WCBB arenas in the country for the 2016-17 season...

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
The Clemson men will be playing in nearby Greenville in a 15,000 seat arena. Thats way way way too big for the women. Actually its too big for the men's team... but thats a different story. NC State playing in a high school gym is a better alternative than playing in the 20,000 seat PNC arena. Plus with the men's team playing there along with the Carolina Hurricanes..... I doubt they have many open dates available anyway. Actually they will play their first two games at PNC.... one part of a doubleheader with the men's team. It will be worth it in the end..... they will be playing in one of the nicest WCBB arenas in the country for the 2016-17 season...

They won't move the USC/Clemson women's game to Greenville because they don't want to see 10,000+ Gamecock fans at their "home" game. Clemson is much harder to get to, for Gamecock fans, so the 2000 seat gym will be plenty big.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They won't move the USC/Clemson women's game to Greenville because they don't want to see 10,000+ Gamecock fans at their "home" game. Clemson is much harder to get to, for Gamecock fans, so the 2000 seat gym will be plenty big.

Good for Clemson.... I dont blame them one bit :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc