PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
replying to RipCity's question.

Thanks, so piggybacking the theme of rips question let me ask you this - are you hearing UConn associated with Gibbs if he does indeed transfer?

Reaction Score
Gilbert reminds me of Boat. Not sure if he has the type of athleticism Boat has b/c i don't think ive seen any dunks, but he looks crazy quick with great ballhandling, and impressive defense from some steals in the vid.

Reaction Score
@coachswhite: Syracuse has officially offered @MillerGroveHoop & #TeamCP3
Alterique Gilbert (@iBleed_Royal)...
#CantStopWontStop

Reaction Score
Wasn't there a rumor of Sterling Gibbs being on campus last month with Temple Gibbs visiting? I know Sterling said he was returning to Seton Hall, but Zion's comments adds interest. There was definite infighting at Seton Hall this past season between upper classmen & under classmen.... Then the wheels feel off. All speculation, but if Sterling was interested...

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Is Sterling Gibbs related to Temple Gibbs?

Reaction Score
I've been hearing Gibbs-to-UConn rumors for a little while, but they're everywhere now.

Reaction Score
I remember reading a while ago Gibbs was staying at Seton Hall but with all of the problems with that program it makes sense he would look elsewhere. Hope these Gibbs to UConn rumors have legs, he would be a perfect fit for us. He would cover any shooting and ballhandling problems we have, would also help Jalen out a ton.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
They're all just CGs who are filthy shooters and none of them leave early for the draft. It would be awesome to be the new home for their fam.

Reaction Score
If either Gibbs or Gilbert committed, would that hinder our chance with the other?
No. Gibbs will be a senior and will only be here for the 15-16 season and Gilbert wont be a freshman until fall of 2016 so they would not even play together.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
No. Gibbs will be a senior and will only be here for the 15-16 season and Gilbert wont be a freshman until fall of 2016 so they would not even play together.
Yeah that's not what he asked at all.

I think Temple Gibbs could play both guard spots. He's 6'2 with a 6'8 wingspan, and is a good slasher and shooter. So there'd be plenty of burn available for both without question. Worked well when we had two point guards playing major minutes in 2013-2014.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yeah that's not what he asked at all.

I think Temple Gibbs could play both guard spots. He's 6'2 with a 6'8 wingspan, and is a good slasher and shooter. So there'd be plenty of burn available for both without question. Worked well when we had two point guards playing major minutes in 2013-2014.
Adams?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I also could see how someone could speculate that perhaps there hasn't been an announcement of a Gilbert commitment because they're waiting to see how the Sterling/Temple Gibbs situation unfolds before anything becomes official. I think that's a bit far fetched/optimistic but who knows.

Reaction Score
We'll have plenty of room for Gibbs and Gilbert, should that situation arise.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Adams?
We'll have plenty of room for Gibbs and Gilbert, should that situation arise.
Agreed with Bruce. And neither Temple Gibbs or Alterique Gilbert are going to be afraid of TSam or SC taking their minutes. Plenty of playing time for the hypothetical 4 top guards (Senior Purvis, Soph Adams, Freshman Gilbert & Gibbs), especially if we have a freshman SF like Kegler with no true 3 behind him. Getting way ahead of myself here obviously, but there's room for both without a doubt.

Reaction Score
waiting on the latest from Gilbert has me anxious, the guy who posted the stuff about Gilbert being a done deal on the Rivals board has shown himself to be very reliable with his info.

That guy is a little rough around the edges, but he seems to have a direct line with certain members of the staff.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I feel like we're in bizarro world. It's been month after month of nothing but lousy recruiting news - real and rumored. And now there are good vibes all over the place.

The Boneyard is Bizzaro World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro