PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 27 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
The big difference is Louisville doesn't put anyone in the NBA, UConn does.

Actually, the big difference is the substitution of a "C" for an "A".

"ACC" vs. "AAC"

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Actually, the big difference is the substitution of a "C" for an "A".

"ACC" vs. "AAC"
We just got recruits who said it didn't matter bc of our ooc and TV exposure. Don't think its that big. Kids went to vcu for crying out loud

Reaction Score
Even though he says he hasn't cut his list down from 5, I'm pretty positive he will pick either us or Louisville. I'd give us a 55-45 chance to land him but I don't feel as good as I did last month.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Even though he says he hasn't cut his list down from 5, I'm pretty positive he will pick either us or Louisville. I'd give us a 55-45 chance to land him but I don't feel as good as I did last month.
I think he did cut it. Us louisville Cuse Illinois and Texas I think

Reaction Score
One top tos reporter said he will take all five visits and there is not favorite (I did not say that ,AG said that in an interview coming soon from what I can interrupt )

Reaction Score
Planning to decide in September.

While other five-star players are taking their time and moving through the process, Gilbert took the first step by cutting his list to five last month.

Connecticut, Louisville, Illinois, Texas and Syracuse remain for the No. 23-ranked prospect in the ESPN 100.

The Huskies received his first official visit.

“It was my first time being on a college campus, so I learned a lot from that,” Gilbert said. “They showed me a lot of things I wasn’t expecting, as far as basketball, on the court, off the court. I had a lot of fun there.”

Connecticut is thought to be in good shape, but Louisville and Illinois are also in consistent contact with Gilbert. The Cardinals recently nabbed five-star small forward V.J. King, and that opened up Gilbert’s eyes a bit.

“I’m talking to V.J. a lot,” he said. “I’ve been watching him the past couple of years, and I like his game. I think that was a big move for Louisville to get V.J., so I’m definitely looking into that opportunity.”

Gilbert said he plans to decide in September.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/insider/post?id=14036

Reaction Score
I really hope he doesn't go to Louisville just because VJ is going there. UConn is the place for him. We produce the best PG's in the country and nobody can deny that.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Planning to decide in September.

While other five-star players are taking their time and moving through the process, Gilbert took the first step by cutting his list to five last month.

Connecticut, Louisville, Illinois, Texas and Syracuse remain for the No. 23-ranked prospect in the ESPN 100.

The Huskies received his first official visit.

“It was my first time being on a college campus, so I learned a lot from that,” Gilbert said. “They showed me a lot of things I wasn’t expecting, as far as basketball, on the court, off the court. I had a lot of fun there.”

Connecticut is thought to be in good shape, but Louisville and Illinois are also in consistent contact with Gilbert. The Cardinals recently nabbed five-star small forward V.J. King, and that opened up Gilbert’s eyes a bit.

“I’m talking to V.J. a lot,” he said. “I’ve been watching him the past couple of years, and I like his game. I think that was a big move for Louisville to get V.J., so I’m definitely looking into that opportunity.”

Gilbert said he plans to decide in September.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/insider/post?id=14036
PURVIS AND ADAMS NEED TO BE ON TWITTER TWEETING AT HIM SHOWING HIM LOVE,TEXTING HIM SOME LOVE AND THOSE DOG PAW EMOJIS!!!

Reaction Score
What's up with Illinois all of a sudden?

They are a nobody and haven't done a freaking thing? How are they getting in close with some top recruits? Who do they have recruiting? Must be some kind of an ACE recruiter as Illinois has no business being in the mix for a top recruit like Gilbert.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Gilbert, from Miller Grove (Lithonia, Ga.) may have been the quickest player in the camp. A lot of guards had difficulty staying in front of the 6-1 point guard in transition. Gilbert has a list of five primary schools he’s looking at: UCONN, Louisville, Illinois, Syracuse, and Texas.

“I’m looking for the opportunity to play right away, the academics at the school and the history of the program,” Gilbert said. “Is it a winning program?”

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/five-things-we-learned-at-the-nba-top-100-camp

Reaction Score
Gilbert said: “Is it a winning program?”

Great question, young man. That is exactly what we want you to be asking.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Will he see JA as a negative in regard to the issue of playing time?

Reaction Score
Will he see JA as a negative in regard to the issue of playing time?
Hopefully not. If he sees JA as a negative, he should feel the same with Louisville, who will have a JR Quentin Snider ahead of him.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Gilbert will get playing time at UConn, lets be serious. Ollie can easily run a 3 guard lineup with JA RP and AG. Calhoun will be gone (not that he'd have to worry about him) He would certainly play over Cassell Jr. Larrier will be eligible but he'll prob play a DeAndre Daniels role of stretch 4.

2016-2017 Potential lineup
Purvis
Adams
Gilbert
Larrier
Brimah (or Enoch if Brimah goes to the draft)

Obviously they need some more guys in the 2016 class...maybe diallo reclassifies etc.

Reaction Score
Gilbert probably wouldn't start but would play a ton of minutes his freshman year then would start with Adams his 2nd year.
Gilbert will get playing time at UConn, lets be serious. Ollie can easily run a 3 guard lineup with JA RP and AG. Calhoun will be gone (not that he'd have to worry about him) He would certainly play over Cassell Jr. Larrier will be eligible but he'll prob play a DeAndre Daniels role of stretch 4.

2016-2017 Potential lineup
Purvis
Adams
Gilbert
Larrier
Brimah (or Enoch if Brimah goes to the draft)

Obviously they need some more guys in the 2016 class...maybe diallo reclassifies etc.

I assume you believe DHam is going pro after this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom