PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jaylen Fisher is probably the biggest name that we have a reasonable shot at - gotta get him out of SEC/Memphis land, though.

I would not be surprised if we offered Trent Forrest out of Florida, but expect that it will not come to anything - Florida State is on him and that generally means we're cooked.

Love Fisher's game. It would be well worth the wait with that kid.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Every time we offer a recruit and he posts something like "Wow!!! Just offered by UCONN!" or "So blessed! Just picked up UCONN offer" I want to puke. We offer so many and get these reactions almost every time. If you're so thrilled, how about signing. It's all about bragging rights for kids, then they sign with VCU or St. John's.....I don't pay any attention to recruiting news until it's time for signing on the dotted line.

Reaction Score
Love the stats especially steps, assists and rebounds. Great numbers, but vs. what? If it's good comp the kid fills that stat sheet. On the negative side he's listed at 5'10, so he's not even that!

Reaction Score
Love the stats especially steps, assists and rebounds. Great numbers, but vs. what? If it's good comp the kid fills that stat sheet. On the negative side he's listed at 5'10, so he's not even that!
He's listed as 6'1 on espn and 6'0 on every other site besides scout

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Draft express measurements from summer 2013
Height without shoes:
5'10
Wingspan: 5'11

I'd assume that by now, he's likely 5'11 without shoes and 6'0 on court, possibly 6'1.

The scary thing is that we have such a terrible track record with 5'11 guards :(

Last edited:
Reaction Score
According to Rivals he's looking to commit in the next few months. Hoping the official visit along with his timetable means we have a good shot here.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
According to Rivals he's looking to commit in the next few months. Hoping the official visit along with his timetable means we have a good shot here.
We also got the typical visit crystal ball pick from Jerry Meyer. So now, when Gilbert picks a different school, we can all cry about getting beat in recruiting by a school were so much better than.

Reaction Score
We also got the typical visit crystal ball pick from Jerry Meyer. So now, when Gilbert picks a different school, we can all cry about getting beat in recruiting by a school were so much better than.

I like Meyer's opinions on basketball, but it's funny how he tries to completely game the crystal ball. I'm sure when Gilbert visits Georgia Tech his crystal ball pick will switch to them.

Reaction Score
He's listed as 6'1 which means he's closer to 5'10 or 5'11. But.....
Boatright is listed as 6'0 and was barely taller than me (I'm 5'9).
Shabazz and Kemba are listed as 6'1 and I'm not sure either of them are even 6'0.
So Alterique Gilbert being 5'10 is no problem. And to make things better, he listed us along with Illinois and Miami as he top 3 schools right now. If Jalen Adams is as good as advertised, which I think he is, he won't be around for 4 years. Alterique would be a great pickup for UConn. I think he would be a great player for this program.

Reaction Score
If he's really 5'10-11 that's fine. I like to see the 6-1,6' listings now.

He looks like a nice player, although as rip said our 5'10 - 5'11 guards as of late have killed us.

Reaction Score

It's always tough to tell from YouTube highlights, but if nothing else, it's apparent that he's got incredible quickness, body control, and overall athleticism to go with solid PG skills (nifty handle, passing vision, etc.). He'd be a great fit here. I love that we're his first visit. Sign him up!

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Just going off of highlights... (which is tremendously flawed, I know)

This kid passes the eye test with flying colors, would love to have him in national flag blue....lock him up Ollie!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Nice handle, change of direction, and change of speed. He really seems to know how to create space and he breaks ankles regularly. Also seems to have good court vision and threads passes through traffic. Looks pretty strong for his height. Only a couple of jumpers in the video, but looked to have good form on his shot as well. He looks very good to me.

Anybody know if Waters is likely to move up to 2016? I guess the staff can't worry about that. I wish Alterique could move up to 2015.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Starting to get some movement toward us on the crystal ball. Did he come visit this weekend?

Reaction Score
Starting to get some movement toward us on the crystal ball. Did he come visit this weekend?
No visit yet...his official is set for 4/17. I'm guessing these are just anticipatory picks. But, I think it's a very good sign that we are his first official visit and that it's happening relatively soon.

Reaction Score
just noticed he plays for the same AAU program, CP3, that Rodney played for...

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He's planning on committing sometime in the next few months. I think us being seemingly all in on Gilbert hints that Tremont Waters likely isn't reclassifying.

Reaction Score
According to the 247 site Gilbert is set to officially visit UConn on April 17th. He's a top 50 player in his class and would be a great way to start off our recruiting class for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom