PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 15 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Oh god, unwad your panties. It's a joke.

And yes, I've been to the Derby many times and I can still make a joke based on the premise that Louisville is a dump (because it is). And if you spend any time whatsoever outside of Churchill Downs (which ain't Saratoga) you probably will agree.

Have a great time.

Thanks for the good wishes.

My young adult daughter is very excited to be hosting dad & his beloved for the first time, so I'll do my best to keep your opinion to myself.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Have you ever had a positive tone or a post without sarcasm in your 3000+ posts here?
He's got to change his name to BigErnMcCRANKYburger because he primarily dishes out nonprime condescensions!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I know something about Fisher and UConn. It hasn't happened yet so will not talk about it because it's moot at this moment.
You mean uconns recruitment of Fisher? Or uconn and fishers separate recruitment? If you know Gilberts ours, please say so now.

Reaction Score
I know something about Fisher and UConn. It hasn't happened yet so will not talk about it because it's moot at this moment.
People who say things like this usually know nothing. Have seen it time and time again here.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure most Memphis fans are going to know about the recruitment of a Memphis kid or a Mississippi kid. Skal recruitment was one of the dirtiest I have seen. I be surprised if he qualifies with everything Hamilton did.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Pretty sure most Memphis fans are going to know about the recruitment of a Memphis kid or a Mississippi kid. Skal recruitment was one of the dirtiest I have seen. I be surprised if he qualifies with everything Hamilton did.
I'm ignorant and never bothered following him because I figured he was Kentucky bound and not considering us. What was dirty? No shocker with Hamilton.

Reaction Score
Hamilton wanted funding for the made up team that he had Skal playing on. Skal was going to Memphis till the Tennessee board wouldn't let him play his senior year because he transferred. Hamilton got funding from an anonymous doner from Kentucky. He has also been looking for funding for his ministry and shopped Skal around high school to high school and AAU to AAU. He played AAU ball for Team Penny with Penny Hardaway as. coach. He asked Hardaway for funding and Penny said no so he took Skal on the Arkansas Redwings squad and then Let it Fly this past summer. Hamilton also had another Haitian refugee but kicked out the house because he couldn't fill Hamiltons pockets like Skal. It was just messed up all around and Cal wanted to ego trip on Pastner and mucked crap up. Too dirty for us to mess with.

Reaction Score
If Fisher fulfills certain requirements. Some in his camp will start pushing him to UConn. He is a true PG.

Thanks Tiger. I really like this kids game, not sure what it is but I like it a lot.

Reaction Score
Hamilton wanted funding for the made up team that he had Skal playing on. Skal was going to Memphis till the Tennessee board wouldn't let him play his senior year because he transferred. Hamilton got funding from an anonymous doner from Kentucky. He has also been looking for funding for his ministry and shopped Skal around high school to high school and AAU to AAU. He played AAU ball for Team Penny with Penny Hardaway as. coach. He asked Hardaway for funding and Penny said no so he took Skal on the Arkansas Redwings squad and then Let it Fly this past summer. Hamilton also had another Haitian refugee but kicked out the house because he couldn't fill Hamiltons pockets like Skal. It was just messed up all around and Cal wanted to ego trip on Pastner and mucked crap up. Too dirty for us to mess with.
wasn't there an article on this a while back? you might even have been the one to post it here. It basically laid out in plain terms that Skal would never be allowed to play college ball. It reminds me of when UK brought in enes kanter even though everyone and their mother knew he would never play (different situations, but presumably same outcome)

Reaction Score
wasn't there an article on this a while back? you might even have been the one to post it here. It basically laid out in plain terms that Skal would never be allowed to play college ball. It reminds me of when UK brought in enes kanter even though everyone and their mother knew he would never play (different situations, but presumably same outcome)

It defies belief that Cal would play with fire. He doesn't need to, but sometimes egos get the best of people.

Cal the legend, one championship to his name.

Reaction Score
The more offers he gets, the less confident I am that he will commit to UConn.

Reaction Score
Ok ok Zionn, give us something on Gibbs if this one is slowly becoming a "Next". ;)
We'll be in it to the end with Gilbert. Just because he didn't commit immediately doesn't mean we won't be a factor in his decision.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
All-e-lujah !
A-a-le-lu-ujah !
A...le...lu-u-ujah!!!

Reaction Score
It defies belief that Cal would play with fire. He doesn't need to, but sometimes egos get the best of people.

Cal the legend, one championship to his name.
Yep Easterwood talked about it. He was trying to tell Hamilton he is making a mistake messing with Kentucky being how naive he is to having a high level recruit.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Is there any idication yet that Skal will be ruled ineligible? I'd love it, but I expect that he'll play this year.

Reaction Score
Is there any idication yet that Skal will be ruled ineligible? I'd love it, but I expect that he'll play this year.
We will see what happens. He has already been red flagged

Reaction Score
Kind of an awkward interview, but Gilbert talks about his UConn visit starting around 4:30

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score
Kind of an awkward interview, but Gilbert talks about his UConn visit starting around 4:30

(Talking about UConn) "I learned some things off the court, like academically where I need to be done when before I get there, or what needs to be done when I get there"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom