PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You're entitled to think as highly of Adams as you'd like, but you need to recognize that your opinion is not widely held; no independent scouting service that I've seen has Adams ranked as highly as Briscoe. Briscoe is also particularly known for his physical and mental maturity, ideal for a freshman coming in.

I'm very high on Adams, but Gibbs was top-5 in the BE in scoring and assists, and was an elite shooter. He would not come here as a bench player. If he's coming to UConn, it's to start. Adams will still get plenty of burn. He'd be the third guard in the rotation, and given how much we go three guards, he'd probably play around 25mpg still.
I just don't think its that far fetched for a freshman (5 star) to be better than a player putting up gaudy stats on a .500 team. this is all meaningless because sterling isn't coming here tho

Reaction Score
I just don't think its that far fetched for a freshman (5 star) to be better than a player putting up gaudy stats on a .500 team. this is all meaningless because sterling isn't coming here tho

Well, I guess we'll see what happens.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
According to SportsReference, only one freshman point guard in the entire country was ahead of Sterling Gibbs in WS (Win Shares), and it was Tyus Jones.

Reaction Score
@BrandonClayPSB: BREAKING: '16 PG Alterique Gilbert seems to get an offer daily. Today, it's Louisville.

EVAL: http://post original url/TKlFHVl0dj http://post original url/94ihQQjREO

Reaction Score
We need to finish the job with Gilbert ASAP... He's blowing up. Throw his timeframe of a couple months out the window and get the verbal now.

Reaction Score
The longer this goes the worse it is for us. The buzz seemed strong for uconn, but all these top offers is not good

Reaction Score
The longer this goes the worse it is for us. The buzz seemed strong for uconn, but all these top offers is not good
I agree. Unless he's a huge KO and UConn fan, the more he blows up and the more time that elapses since his visit, the less I like our chances.

Let's hope he already decided, but is simply delaying his announcement. Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

Reaction Score
I agree. Unless he's a huge KO and UConn fan, the more he blows up and the more time that elapses since his visit, the less I like our chances.

Let's hope he already decided, but is simply delaying his announcement. Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

It's certainly not helping that we've got this sideshow going on with Ollie while he's scooping up offers from guys like Pitino, who is definitely in his last job.

caw

Reaction Score

Happened with Adams, but much different circumstances.

Reaction Score
I must say that it would helped if KO came out with a tad more definitive "HELLS NO" than a "no plans"...

Although I'm sure every coach is now saying it's only a matter of time before KO leaves anyway. If not this year, he'll travel with Kevin Durant to wherever he goes, yada yada yada

Reaction Score
It seemed as if we got a silent verbal from him or were very close to doing so. Hopefully either is still the case, KO and Co. Have made him their top priority right now and should probably keep doing so to start off the '16 class well.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I must say that it would helped if KO came out with a tad more definitive "HELLS NO" than a "no plans"...

Although I'm sure every coach is now saying it's only a matter of time before KO leaves anyway. If not this year, he'll travel with Kevin Durant to wherever he goes, yada yada yada
Yeah, I think the second part is the problem for a recruit like this. I'm guessing that KO has reassured recruits that he's not going anywhere now, but that's really all he can honestly say.

Reaction Score
KO can put an end to it by speaking up again and saying very precise things. "I am not looking for nor will accept any other offers at this time. We are in the middle of a very critical recruiting period. I need this NBA talk to end here and now so I can get back to recruiting and winning championships at UCONN."

Done.

Reaction Score
I think the longer he takes to commit, the less likely we will get him. As of right now, I do believe that we are favorite. Let's keep going at him hard and get a commitment over the summer.

Reaction Score
KO can put an end to it by speaking up again and saying very precise things. "I am not looking for nor will accept any other offers at this time. We are in the middle of a very critical recruiting period. I need this NBA talk to end here and now so I can get back to recruiting and winning championships at UCONN."

Done.

I would literally bow down to Ollie if he said that.

Reaction Score

Done.
Why hasn't he said that yet?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Done.

The more he says no, the more the pressure for a clearer "no", a "no" for 2 years, 3, and so it goes. People need to stop the "Doomed".

Reaction Score

What do you want him to say? That even if OKC offered him something stupid, like $10M a year with five years guarantied, he will say no? How could he say that? Would you? I love my law firm and I would truthfully tell people I have no interest in leaving, but if someone throws a stupid offer at you that is too good to turn down you can't turn it down.

He said what anyone can say without lying through his teeth. He's probably not pursuing offers and not thinking of leaving. But no one can say under no circumstances whatsoever would I ever leave.

Reaction Score
the miller commit was a fastball down the middle, he even came with workout clothes ready to get a run in with the team. Gilbert as a hs'er is much different beast, i would guess his recruitment goes on for a while from what i hear.

Reaction Score
Well I'm sure Ollie assured Alterique he's going to be at UConn for a long time when he flew down to Georgia to work him out at 6 am yesterday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom