PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 39 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Only makes sense for him to commit to a school with national flag blue as a primary color on July 4th :)

Reaction Score
Peach Jam preview from ESPN:

Let’s take a look at five dynamic player combinations that could lead their teams to a championship (all player ranks are for the 2016 class unless otherwise noted):

1. Harry Giles (ESPN No. 1) and Alterique Gilbert (ESPN No. 23), CP3

Giles (PF, 6-foot-10, 230 pounds) is fresh off a gold medal in Greece, where he was a force at the rim and in the paint for the USA U19 squad. Giles dominates the game in many ways, and he has been competing with a purpose since recovering from two ACL tears. Giles might be the most dominant player in the senior class right now who can create a highlight on any given possession.

Gilbert (PG, 6-1, 170), the latest UConn commit, brings outstanding quickness and speed at the point position to go with a scorer's mentality. He is capable of putting up big numbers as a scorer, but Gilbert also understands how to facilitate and set the table as a floor-general. Together, these two are beyond dangerous in both the conversion game and in a halfcourt setting.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Peach Jam preview from ESPN:

Let’s take a look at five dynamic player combinations that could lead their teams to a championship (all player ranks are for the 2016 class unless otherwise noted):

1. Harry Giles (ESPN No. 1) and Alterique Gilbert (ESPN No. 23), CP3

Giles (PF, 6-foot-10, 230 pounds) is fresh off a gold medal in Greece, where he was a force at the rim and in the paint for the USA U19 squad. Giles dominates the game in many ways, and he has been competing with a purpose since recovering from two ACL tears. Giles might be the most dominant player in the senior class right now who can create a highlight on any given possession.

Gilbert (PG, 6-1, 170), the latest UConn commit, brings outstanding quickness and speed at the point position to go with a scorer's mentality. He is capable of putting up big numbers as a scorer, but Gilbert also understands how to facilitate and set the table as a floor-general. Together, these two are beyond dangerous in both the conversion game and in a halfcourt setting.

I assume Peach Jam games can't be streamed online?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Let's hope our boiii and Team CP3 make it to that round so we can see him. He and Harry Giles make one formidable tandem.

Reaction Score
Tweet was deleted - but here's a snapshot:
CJak6wRWEAASaN6.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But, but.....he's just so small and we can't have small guys at Syracuse and he definitely would have come here but we wanted Battle more and UConn is lucky we turned him down!

Reaction Score
Did a tweet get deleted? I don't see anything.

Edit: nevermind, I see it now.

Reaction Score
Someone needs to tell Hopkins that his team is already on probation...and it can get a lot worse :)

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I almost want Battle to pick Cuse because that ways he's not at Duke and I think Cuse is screwed still even with Battle.

Reaction Score
CJak6wRWEAASaN6.jpg
Is that real? Hopkins has been around long enough to know that's not kosher. Why would he possibly answer there rather than a private text or e-mail?

Reaction Score
Not really.

You can acknowledge that you are (or were) recruiting a kid.

I don't see much more than that there.

(And it happily blows apart the Syracuse fan narrative that they let him go elsewhere...)
I guess I was wrong also. You can acknowledge visits also, can't you? Just officials or unofficials also?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Not really.

(And it happily blows apart the Syracuse fan narrative that they let him go elsewhere...)
Oh they'll keep right on thinking that.

Reaction Score
Not really.

Giving you the benefit and admittedly not knowing the rules, but if you are right it needs to be changed. I don't see how it makes sense that the loser (Hopkins) can talk about our player specifically but KO/UConn can't until he signs? In my opinion what Hopkins tweeted is a big no no and I'm pretty sure that's why he deleted it...

Reaction Score
CJak6wRWEAASaN6.jpg
I learned as a kid, there's nothing worse than spoiled old orange juice. 'Rique must have had the same experiences.

Reaction Score
AG had 23 points and his teammate Giles had 14 pts and 20 boards. However they were upset 81-69. They play at 9 against team takeover. They lead their div. at 3-0. CP3 is 2-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom