Albany Regional Roll Call | The Boneyard

Albany Regional Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'll be there. Who else is going? I'm going to set something up for after the game at a restaurant - who's in for dinner?

Reaction Score
I'll be there. Who else is going? I'm going to set something up for after the game at a restaurant - who's in for dinner?
I am going, but only to Monday's game. I'm open for dinner because the game will end late.
Thanks Nan.

Reaction Score
Nan,
What a basketball weekend in Albany! Friday night the 2015 Class AA Federation Basketball Tournament of Champions will be held Friday night at UAlbany's Sefcu Arena! At 7 pm PSAL champion Wings will play NYS public school champion Shenendehowa, and at 9 NYC powerhouse Christ the King will play Long Island Lutheran! UAlbany is only about a 10 minute drive from the Times Union Arena. The winners will play Saturday night at 9 pm!

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
that's a varied basketball weekend. But in the Bay area, I went to Cal on Friday and saw the 2 games (TX-W KY and Cal-Wichita St) then Stanford on Saturday (OK-Quinnipiac and Stanford-CSUN) then back to Cal Sunday evening to watch TX defeat Cal in a very exciting game. Had to watch Stanford-OK on TV yesterday due to the 3:30 start time but WOW. Got to love this time of year! Just think if Princeton is a 4 seed next year someone can go there and UConn, but you can't beat two schools just an hour apart for the wbb fix. It was simply amazing.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score

Colleen & I will be in town from Saturday morning.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
...after the game at a restaurant - who's in for dinner?
-Attending UConn's games on Sat & Mon.
- May need to depart Albany NLT 5 PM Sat for another event; TBD.
- So, if referring above to eating soon after UConn/Tex game, it would work for me.If instead dinner is planned after 2nd Saturday game, at this point it may not.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Are we the 12:00 game? If so , are you guys planning on going to dinner after our game or the 2nd game???

Reaction Score
I am in ,along with my partner. I guess we need a target time and place.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sorry, I'm saving for the Final Four. I hope you guys can handle the Regionals without me.

I'm pretty sure we have the noon game on Saturday.

Reaction Score
I just heard that the Monday game was rescheduled to 7pm. I hope that is correct.

Reaction Score
I just heard that the Monday game was rescheduled to 7pm. I hope that is correct.

The game times have been set for awhile now with no change in the schedule. Saturday UConn vs. Texas at noon and Louisville vs. Dayton at 2:30. Monday UConn (most assuredly) plays at 7. Time has never changed.

Reaction Score
106 row D.... 8 rows, I believe, off the court, sideline........Looking forward to 3-hour drive (MAD DASH)...at 8 a.m..??...up Rte 2 West, then 91 north , and 90 West.......for noon game.... yuk........ with UND Stanford at 10PM the night before...!....
any good (cheap) place ...to park...? Street???
Can't wait for 2016 and 17...Bridgeport Regional. ...!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh yeah...and 2nd MAD DASH, back to Mohegan for 8PM...Neil Diamond.....!
Was great on 13th there....

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I was thinking dinner after the second game, Louisville vs Dayton. I'm looking forward to seeing that one.

So, the following people have weighed in, is everyone interested in dinner (sandwiches/burger/pasta/etc type of food)?

Me
JRRRJ & wife
Sonny44
RWSiberia
rford53
Geno-ista (?)
arty155 (possible)

Anyone bringing a companion? Otherwise, I count 6 yesses with a possible 8 attending.

Reaction Score
Nan you missed me. Count 2 more and we are looking forward to the 2nd game also. This will be my first get together with boneyarders. I have attended MSG games thanks to TJI.

Reaction Score
The game times have been set for awhile now with no change in the schedule. Saturday UConn vs. Texas at noon and Louisville vs. Dayton at 2:30. Monday UConn (most assuredly) plays at 7. Time has never changed.
Thanks, was under the impression it was 9pm for some reason.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I was thinking dinner after the second game, Louisville vs Dayton. I'm looking forward to seeing that one.

So, the following people have weighed in, is everyone interested in dinner (sandwiches/burger/pasta/etc type of food)?

Me
JRRRJ & wife
Sonny44
RWSiberia
rford53
Geno-ista (?)
arty155 (possible)

Anyone bringing a companion? Otherwise, I count 6 yesses with a possible 8 attending.

We eat pretty much everything except salty fish. Thanks for organizing.

Reaction Score
I'll be there for both games Saturday but can't stay for dinner. Thanks for setting it up. I'll be back for Monday night game. Bob Neal

Reaction Score
As HuskyNan knows ... I am an Albany native (and UConn grad (father went to UConn; daughter goes to UConn) & willing to answer any questions to be helpful. Longtime Boneyard guy.

Parking?
Do NOT park South of Madison Avenue on the southside of the Arena (Times Union Center). And the other parking south between the Arena & Madison is probably sketchy for some. There will be little to no commercial activity in downtown Albany on a Saturday OR on a Monday night. If you desire to park for FREE, that is definitely available. (they stop sending the meter readers out at 5pm in this sleepy place) I would look North on Broadway from State Street to Clinton Street.

BEST Restaurants?
One south of the Arena (see above) is Café Capriccio - a real local favorite. The High End Steakhouse downtown is Angelo's 677 Prime (and seriously ... not to the standard of greater Hartford ... IMHO).

UConn Hotel?
Just swung through a friend's Hotel (Hampton Inn on Chapel Street @ Orange), UConn Women are staying there.

There's a quiet bar & darn good restaurant Yono's (Indonesian themed but American marketed) at that Hotel. There's an Irish bar 70 yards away - McGeary's. And there is a friend's pub on Broadway (200 yards away) called Olde English. There might be a band at the Hollow on Pearl Street. And the Merry Monk has Belgian Beer.

I'd say once you get off I90, everything is easy both days. You are not going to see much activity after 5 on Monday.

Reaction Score
As one who now lives in Albany, may I say Pudge's suggestions and guidance are superb. I would only add the Merry Monk is reknown for the Belgian Beer, muscles and, many would say, the best burger in town! Be well people and GO UCONN!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I am attending with my wife and son, but we'll be heading home after Saturday's game(s) ... I'm going to try to stay for game 2, but I am not hopeful I'll keep them in their seats for that long. Maybe a Boneyard meet up place for half time or between games?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nan you missed me. Count 2 more and we are looking forward to the 2nd game also. This will be my first get together with boneyarders. I have attended MSG games thanks to TJI.
Oops, my bad, barbrox. So sorry to have missed you.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom