A'ja commitment thread [merged] | The Boneyard

A'ja commitment thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good for her. They're building a solid program there and who wouldn't want to play for the home town team so to speak.

Makes the most sense, too. Frankly I couldn't quite understand why it would be UNC. Kind of a slap at her home town team, and if you aren't staying home, why UNC over UConn.

South Carolina makes the most sense.

Reaction Score
Hope she'll be ready to compete for a championship her junior year, because it looks like we'll have it locked down until at least then.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Dawn Staley. She is a class act and has down a tremendous job of building her program at South Carolina. Best wishes for A'ja, I am looking forward to watching UCONN play South Carolina!

Reaction Score
Uconn goes undefeated next year, South Carolina maybe makes the final four

Reaction Score
Best of luck to her. I think this is what most people expected and it sounds like a great fit for her. I wish her the best.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
dancing.gif

I just assumed she was going to UNC

Reaction Score
She could be their Rebecca Lobo -- the prized local recruit who puts them over the top. Hopefully for us, like with Rebecca, it takes 4 years for them to get there.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Good decision. I believe that SC is the best fit for her.

YOPB

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sounds like a good choice for someone who seems like a bit of a homebody. I hope Dawn can help her leverage her talent.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Congrats to "Leghorn". Great news for the State of SC. Best of luck to A'ja in her career. Expectations will be high for Staley but that's what SC fans want.

Reaction Score
Great.

Does this mean that there is now a better than even chance that this will be
the last A'ja Wilson thread?

Until I post a thread titled "Wilson to Transfer" in mid July. Based on your perceived boredom of the topic, I guess you wait, oh, 18 seconds before you checkin :).

Hey the season's over. Just what original topics are we expected to come up with?

Reaction Score
Had she gone elsewhere, I wouldn't have been surprised if she quickly changed her mind to go back home (similar to Delle Donne). The family/hometown influence seemed very strong.

Maybe she'll win a title in her Junior or Senior season...cuz Stewie's got the next 2!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
WOW...SC was already a very good team this year and had they not had to play in Stanford they could have come much closer to a FF appearance. With the additional of Wilson (#1 forward) and White (#1 post) they are going to be REALLY good next year.

1, 7, 32 and 35 is a pretty darn good class and moves SC to top two in the county next season, IMO.

Reaction Score
If she was going to SC why did she wait so long to commit? Once I heard all the hoopla surrounding her decision as opposed to Breanna signing on the hood of her family's car, I figured she wasn't coming here.

Reaction Score
With Coates on the inside, A'ja doesn't have to worry about the banging, that's taken care of.

I've guessed since I heard about this it would be SoCar, it was the most logical end point of this kind of event, although I was willing to credit Nan's source.

The newest member of the sport's elite is at the doorstep. Welcome to the Gamebirds. Figure Dawn should start making herself at home for a long stay. She's been a winner for a long time, the latest phase is just beginning.

Congratulations to all concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member