After we beat Temple | The Boneyard

After we beat Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Does all this constant carping and whining go away? A little bit at least? Some of you guys... I mean I got your point the first 50 times you made it.

No - Never will that happen.
We could go 12-0 next year and you will still see constant carping and whining - its the way of the world. Can never keep everyone happy - NEVER.

Reaction Score
No - Never will that happen.
We could go 12-0 next year and you will still see constant carping and whining - its the way of the world. Can never keep everyone happy - NEVER.

We could have went 12-0 with Whitmer and still had a healthy Cochran and someone would have said that if Cochran played we would have been in the playoffs.

Reaction Score
After we beat Temple, there will be another full 60 minutes chock full of stuff to constantly carp and whine about. Really, that was a silly question.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We are all just reacting to data points. BYU was disappointing, SB was concerning, BSU was calming, and USF was excruciating.

If they go out and earn a solid victory over Temple then USF becomes a learning experience for a first time coach and we move on.

We should note that with zero reason for USF think we weren't running on every play, we did average 3.5 yds a carry. Not great but better. Against BSU, we threw the ball pretty well. Now if we can only do both in the same game minus the dumb penalties and turnovers, with our defense we might have something.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
We are all just reacting to data points. BYU was disappointing, SB was concerning, BSU was calming, and USF was excruciating.

If they go out and earn a solid victory over Temple then USF becomes a learning experience for a first time coach and we move on.

We should note that with zero reason for USF think we weren't running on every play, we did average 3.5 yds a carry. Not great but better. Against BSU, we threw the ball pretty well. Now if we can only do both in the same game minus the dumb penalties and turnovers, with our defense we might have something.

I love your enthusiasm -
Once we get both down in the same game onto mideast peace...

:)

Reaction Score
Beating Temple would be a good first step.

If we let Temple beat us because Diaco wants to see what it's like if we replace the players with actual Huskies because that's what he thinks we need to advance the program, then all bets are off.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
You know that Cody's display is going to shock Temple so badly, they are going right back into that locker room.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I love your enthusiasm -
Once we get both down in the same game onto mideast peace...

:)
My line of thinking from the beginning has been that there is talent on the roster and by jettisoning PP and friends, bringing in a good staff would be able to unlock the physical talent by teaching the techniques and reads that were so lacking the last three years. I thought an off season of S&C would be worth two wins on its own by upping the OL from an average of 285 to over 300 lbs. Having an intelligent gameplan on Offense would be worth another two.

As it sits, despite the loss of a bunch of defensive talent on defense we seem to be OK there. Growing pains from a inexperienced players, sure, though not from where I thought we'd would. Specials seem better, though still waiting for the return game to pick up a little. Offense is a bit baffling, OK it's not the smash mouth of the Donald Brown years, and it's not DanO carrying an entire offense, but it's not Bones/DJ/Brown either. Whitmer and Boyle can throw it and this is by far the best group of WR we've had. It's there, the mistakes at the individual level are killing us. Whether it's a missed assignment, penalty, or turnover, if we just clean that up to the point of being average we can win games against the worst schedule since the upgrade. A little confidence and a lot more focus are required and if we do lack the physical speed and strength to block effectively, then it is on the coach to scheme our way out of it.

We didn't spend all winter and summer getting hyped up for a 1 win season or even a 3 win season.

Reaction Score

Unfortunately I think the only thing learned was when it rains you get wet, but we are due for something good .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom