Adults Fleeing Traditional TV Faster Than Ever | The Boneyard

Adults Fleeing Traditional TV Faster Than Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Owners of content will still sell content.....I watch a lot of sports streaming on line from ESPN...the ACC tournament, wrestling, basketball, baseball, track and field finals....it is all available.

I watch baseball in particular, some soccer...

The method of transmission is shifting, the smart owners of content are moving ahead with digital access.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The content owners need to be careful. Not everything is appointment viewing.

If they are not careful, they'll end up with what will essentially be closed circuit feeds for local fan bases only with next to zero crossover.

You'll subscribe for a $50-100 pass to your schools games but your not buying anyone else's feed. Even if you sell by league for $200. You're not getting many outside the league and very few will be watching other league games.

No one is watching a stream of the Iron Bowl outside Alabama, yet on TV it's a must see.

Reaction Score
I canceled my cable almost 2 years ago. I watch everything online or use Netflix. Very few events are appointment viewing. Sooner or later by sheer public will the bundled cable and satellite packages will cease to exist. The audience demographics across the US are too fragmented to be satisfied by bundled cable. Besides, the millennial generation simply have not moved out of their parents homes in great numbers and are still utilizing their parents subscriptions.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
ESPN could probably charge me $25 a month or more to stream their service and I would begrudgingly pay it. Im not sure they would lose money going direct.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Sony's PlayStation Vue online TV service launches at $50 a month

Sony's service will have more than 85 channels, including programming from three major networks, CBS, Fox and NBCUniversal [CMCSAN.UL] in addition to media companies Discovery Communications , Scripps Networks Interactive, Turner Broadcasting [TWXTB.UL] and Viacom. The $50-per-month starter package offers over 50 channels.

AMC Network content will also be available from April, said Eric Lempel, vice president of business and operations, Americas at Sony Network Entertainment. More content deals were in the works, he added.

Viewers can also opt for a $60-a-month package that also includes local sports channels. A $70-a-month service adds some music, lifestyle and family channels, Sony said.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Somewhere in here is an opportunity for UConn to exploit and get out from under the shackles of this awful AAC contract. I am sure UConn will miss it.

Reaction Score
ESPN could probably charge me $25 a month or more to stream their service and I would begrudgingly pay it. Im not sure they would lose money going direct.

I cut the cord over 2 years ago. use Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime and an Antennae for HD local TV. Recently I also added the New Sling TV to my amazon fire. $2o a month and at the end of the month I will have 20 channels including ESPN, ESPN2 and the ability to watch Watch ESPN as long as the games are on those two channels. (I can also add the rest of the ESPN lineup for an additional $5. I love it. People complain about the lack of a DVR but I could care less. So I also get A&E, History, Disney, Food Network, HDTV, and several others. Discovery would be the icing on the cake. I imagine Fox sports will be added to the sports pack soon as well. Sling TV is working great and the family loves it. Only other drawback is only one stream at a time so you cant watch different things in different rooms. Pick your poison but $20 is a damn good price for the service for my situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom