Adamec: parents can come on UConn's dime...good! | The Boneyard

Adamec: parents can come on UConn's dime...good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
If this has already been posted, I just missed it. Carl says in the JI that the NCAA
has a new rule where colleges can pay for parents/guardians to accompany the kids when they go on official visits.

Hopefully come Friday October 18 all of our official visit kids will have their parents with them...Sadie, Courtney, Gabby, A'ja...anybody else? I would think they would enjoy mixing and mingling with the
parents of the current players who will be in attendance.

Carl also says that while Asia Durr and her folks will not be here over that weekend, they are headed our way in the spring....I think official visits can be taken by juniors at that point.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
wow schools (NCAA) expect 16yrs kids to hop on airplanes alone... geesh I dont expect the whole family but atleast 2 adults (mom/dad dad/hs coach mom/big brother etc)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
wow schools (NCAA) expect 16yrs kids to hop on airplanes alone... geesh I dont expect the whole family but atleast 2 adults (mom/dad dad/hs coach mom/big brother etc)
I flew to Ireland alone when I was in 8th grade. Kids doing a year abroad in high school do it all the time.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I flew to Ireland alone when I was in 8th grade. Kids doing a year abroad in high school do it all the time.

we know kids travel alone all the time... again Im talking about schools being allowed to pay for the adults as well.
making decisions about a 4-yr school all alone just doesnt seem logical.

going "abroad" you know what the plan is.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
and its such a big deal that the NCAA has changed it... good for everyone

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
and its such a big deal that the NCAA has changed it... good for everyone
I'm all for the for the NCAA change because parents are an important part of the evaluation and feedback process while kids make decisions. I was responding to your comment about expecting 16 year olds to hop on a plane and the geese, it read like the idea of flying alone was the big issue. That part is not all that usual in the experiences of many kids and believe me when kids go on official visits there is a plan in place, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom