Adamec on recruit Megan Walker | The Boneyard

Adamec on recruit Megan Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Megan Walker made an unofficial visit to the University of Connecticut last weekend, arriving the day of the Huskies’ First Night program at Gampel Pavilion and staying through Sunday.

It was her first trip to Storrs.

“It went really well,” she said. “I got to meet the players and coaches and being there for First Night was very exciting. I loved the campus. It just has that small-town atmosphere.

“I got to see practice and the thing I watched is how hard the girls work and they do work hard. Actually, they do a lot of things that we do with our team which was good to see. It’s a different level but the practice isn’t all that different.”

LINK

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Hey Pap...your "LINK" links to the BY create thread page....

Reaction Score
Great line at the end....UConn, where basketball is king...and queen.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Great line at the end....UConn, where basketball is king...and queen.

Permit me to paraphrase a comment lifted from a nother message board (different sport):

"There are places where basketball is treated as a matter of life or death. We don't do that. Here at UConn, it is much more important."

Reaction Score
Permit me to paraphrase a comment lifted from a nother message board (different sport):

"There are places where basketball is treated as a matter of life or death. We don't do that. Here at UConn, it is much more important."
I'm actually not a fan of quotes like those because it gets away from what a university is about, and it isn't basketball. It reminds me an awful lot of what a certain current NCAA president said about football when he was running LSU, but now wants to act like he is on some moral high-ground with respect to college athletics.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I'm actually not a fan of quotes like those because it gets away from what a university is about, and it isn't basketball. It reminds me an awful lot of what a certain current NCAA president said about football when he was running LSU, but now wants to act like he is on some moral high-ground with respect to college athletics.

The quote was tongue-in-cheek. The NCAA president is foot-in-mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom