Adamec: Oh Canada! Recruit Nurse's Star Shining Bright | The Boneyard

Adamec: Oh Canada! Recruit Nurse's Star Shining Bright

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Nurse will visit for the regular season opener against Hartford on Saturday, Nov 9.

She has a list of seven that she is presently narrowing to four to which she will schedule official visits. One of the visits will be to the University of Connecticut and she’ll be in attendance for the regular season opener against Hartford Nov. 9.

UConn coach Geno Auriemma made a home visit with Nurse last month.

“He was great,” Nurse said. “It was great to listen to him and I liked what he had to say. I felt that a visit was needed.”

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/o-canada-recruit-nurses-star-shining-bright/

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sounds like a good visit! And based on what the family have said about a maximum of 4 visits but maybe less ... I could see it being a one stop recruiting caravan. Got to believe that Uconn will look very attractive to her.

Reaction Score
Do we know her final seven schools?
The last latest list I've seen from late September included 5: Ky, Indiana, Penn State, Tennessee, and Uconn. Don't know the other 2. She was in the process of reducing the number.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What I find interesting is that I think all the interested parties already had home visits, she has yet to narrow down to her 4 finalists, but Uconn is on that list because she has scheduled her first visit to them - like I said in my earlier post - must have been a GOOD visit!

Reaction Score
What I find interesting is that I think all the interested parties already had home visits, she has yet to narrow down to her 4 finalists, but Uconn is on that list because she has scheduled her first visit to them - like I said in my earlier post - must have been a GOOD visit!

Unlike Doctors, it's not that unusual for Nurses to make home visits.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kia might consider playing for Geno a significant advantage for her future plans. She already plays for the Canada National Team and to play for Geno would give her and Canada significant inside knowledge of Geno's system and preparation for the 2016 Olympics. If I'm the Canadian National Coach, I would love to have my future PG play for Geno.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Kia might consider playing for Geno a significant advantage for her future plans. She already plays for the Canada National Team and to play for Geno would give her and Canada significant inside knowledge of Geno's system and preparation for the 2016 Olympics. If I'm the Canadian National Coach, I would love to have my future PG play for Geno.

The Canadian Coach would love Kia Nurse to play for Geno because doing so would make her a better basketball. As for insight into Geno's system, Canada finished 8th (2-4) at the London Olympics and lost to the US by 43 points. I suspect the Canadian coaches will be focused on teams they stand chance of beating rather than pumping Kia Nurse for inside info on Geno's schemes.

Reaction Score
I am interested to see where she goes. Not sure you guys need another perimeter player, but many believe that a team can never have too many guards. I do not see her at TN either, with the recent verbal of Jamie Nared.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I am interested to see where she goes. Not sure you guys need another perimeter player, but many believe that a team can never have too many guards. I do not see her at TN either, with the recent verbal of Jamie Nared.

She's 17 yrs old and was the starting pg for the Canadian Sr Women's team at the recent FIBA Americas championships and played very well. She a big guard (5-11/6-0), skilled, tough and mature beyond her years. Teams will find a spot for a player like this.

Will she be visiting Knoxville?

Reaction Score
No word yet on an official. Holly did go to Canada for an in home, but most TN fans feel that with Nared's verbal; Nurse's recruitment will cool off. Strictly speculation of course, lol

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The fact that she plays on the SENIOR team is huge!

I agree. Guards are not necessarily what we need, but you can never have too many GOOD guards. She sounds like a player.

Reaction Score
She's tough and athletic. She can probably play 4 positions for Geno, in a pinch.

Reaction Score

You are kikivo court composer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32